4

Scarlett

"He... help." My head snapped up, eyes widening. Was that...?

"Help... Somebody please!" They whimpered again, voice scratchy and tired.

Oh my God...

What do I do? That person obviously needed help and could be hurt. But the shooter only just left, who knows how far they've gone. They could be right outside the door. But I needed to take that chance, they needed help. Plus, if they knew I was in here, they wouldn't of left. If I'm quiet, I'll be okay... We're going to be okay. 

I cringed as soon as my foot hit the ground, making a small squeaking sound. I cursed the school for having scrappy 20 year old bathroom stalls as the lock turned with a scratchy, rusted sound. I did it quick, not wanting to drag it out. Before I stepped out of the stall, I took a deep breath, peaking out before slowly exiting.

The halls were vacant, classroom doors closed, lights turned off inside. My heart clenched when I glanced towards the turn that lead to the hall with my math classroom - that lead towards Louis.

"He - lp..." The faint whisper was close by. But I couldn't see anyone around from where I was leaning out of he restroom door. I was about to slowly make my way down the hall to see if I could spot anything around the corner when I caught movement in the corner of my eye. 

A limp, pale hand laid on the floor where the wall went deeper for the water fountain. I stared at it with wide eyes, my heart dropping at the sight of blood on the tips of their fingers. I quietly walked towards them, as fast as I could without making sound.  

"Eleanor?" I whispered when I caught sight of her. She laid underneath the fountain, curled in a limp ball. She looked at me with scared, tear ridden eyes. I've never seen her cry before...

"Scarlett! Oh thank god, it happened so fast. I didn't even notice the gun until he bumped into my shoulder when he past me. I turned around to tell him to watch it when he shot me! He freaking shot me!-"

"Shhh! You have to be quiet," I whispered hastily. I caught sight of the tear in her shirt and a patch of blood socking it. It didn't look as bad as it could be, looked like the shooter almost missed. Just nicked her side enough to puncture it slightly. But I wasn't a doctor so I didn't know how bad it actually may be...

"I'm gonna die."

"You're not going to die. The bleeding isn't too bad, the bullet just nicked you."

"You call this a nick?! I was shot!"

I sighed, trying to keep my composure. Eleanor and I weren't exactly friends... You know the one that walks around with a different boyfriend every season wrapped around her finger and acts like the school is her palace? Yeah, her. Also ever since ninth grade she has been obsessed with Louis, even when she had a boyfriend and he was with me. So I never really liked her... But I couldn't leave her there.

"We need to get out of here." I cautiously looked around, my heart feeling like it could beat out of my chest any moment now. 

"I don't think I can walk."

"I'll help you. Now get out from under there."

-

-

-

Let me know how you are liking this book so far! I'm always open to tips so comment away if you have any :)

Also please don't get offended that I used Eleanor in this, her along with many other people are going to be characters in this story.  This is an AU so I will be using the names of famous people but that does not mean I am implying they are actually like how I portray them to be.