9

One more chapter left after this ;) I might do an epilogue but not sure yet

Enjoy :)

Louis

"And then, it opened. The first sight I saw being black combat boots."

My shoes scuffed against the tile, and I winced, trying to walk as cautiously as I could. Everyone was on high alert as they walked the hallway, with an officer leading us with a gun hoisted. I had a hard time keeping my eyes off of it - knowing a gun was the exact cause of why we were in this situation - since he barged into our classroom and claimed we were now safe and he was there to get us out. But I wasn't leaving without Scar, that I was sure of.

Giving a glance to my teacher, I observed him walking along side Kaity Young - a girl who had a panic attack the moment we stepped outside of the classroom. He was preoccupied with her, plus the officer was too busy looking around corners - the gun standing at attention - to notice. So this was my chance.

With one more look around, making sure all my classmates were also not paying attention, I took the closest turn, not taking a second to look back before making my way down the hallway - making my way towards her.

It was hard to take caution of how loud my steps were when all I could here was my own heart beat. I needed to get to her but I didn't know for sure where she was, so for all I know I could be walking away from her, but I needed to trust my instinct, because that and knowing she couldn't be far from the girls' bathroom was all I had.

"You don't know who I am do you?" I grimaced when my sneakers squeaked against the tiles after stopping abruptly. My head spun and ears rang as my heart rate faltered. That could be the shooter...

"Answer me!" the chilling voice growled after his companion didn't reply.

"I-I'm sor-ry... I don- I don't-" That's when everything became clear. Scar, I found her. But my millisecond of relief was short lasted when I realized that she was the one the chilling voice was talking to. 

"Of course you don't. You and your boyfriend Louis Tomlinson, always so in love, not caring about anybody but themselves." And then there was a familiar clicking of the hammer of the gun along with a heartbreaking sob from Scar. Before I knew what I was doing, I stepped around the corner with hands raised. The first thing I noticed was Scar's beautiful, widened eyes looking at me. I could stare at those for hours, and I wouldn't complain.

"Louis," Scar whispered with fear striking her features. 

"Speaking of the devil," he chuckled with a sick smile that sent my stomach churning. The second thing I noticed was the barrel of the gun pointing at the girl I loved. I didn't even recognize him, never had a class, talked to, or even seen in the hallways before.

"Just put the gun down," I tried to attempt, but I could tell by the power hungry glint in his eyes he wasn't going to anytime soon. At least not willingly.

"I don't think so."

"We've never done anything to you," Scar whispered in defeat. I could tell she was internally struggling - blaming herself.

"Do you think I care? This isn't about revenge."

"What is it about?" I asked, cautiously starting to step forward slightly without him noticing.

"My mom says I can't do anything,but look at me now," he smiled down at the gun."I have the power of God - choosing who dies."

And that's when the gun went off.