⊱⊰ 16: The Guardian that Steals Light [Revised] ⊱⊰

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"I wonder if it will rain today," she said as they passed through the crowd.

Examining her surroundings, Arisa really felt quite small with the tall bright buildings touching the sky. Although most of the architecture had an advanced design, she could see several simple and old edifices hidden in the environment.

"Hopefully it doesn't," said Kazuya. "It would be annoying to search for your friend under the rain without success. Unless she doesn't mind saving the day even with bad weather."

Arisa gazed at him. "I'm sure she doesn't. She has been saving the day and appearing in the news, despite the negative criticism she receives."

Arisa shifted her view to a building with a screen, displaying more news. She admired how strong Thelma was. Ever since she set foot in this city and discovered that the Earthlings created machines that could broadcast news, Arisa only heard negative things about the Yellow Guardian.

Despite Thelma ending up saving the needed, all Arisa heard from the news were complaints from the citizens. Most of them said that the Guardian was stealing the real heroes' job, who were known as the British Elite Force.

"She must have tough skin to keep helping the citizens after they badmouth her." Kazuya's voice washed away her thoughts.

"Yeah." Arisa nodded. "If only we could find her and tell her that she has a special quest that will change the worlds, would be great."

"Hm." Kazuya touched his jaw and looked around. "We should go on with our little quest. Can you see someone in uniform that may work for security?"

Arisa examined her surroundings and saw different people and creatures filling the streets. Robots of various sizes enriched the surroundings with a small number of pods floating around and cars passing on the road.

"That one looks like is part of that section." Arisa nodded to her left side, showing Kazuya their target.

Across the street, stood a lean man in black uniform and cap. He was busy talking to a couple and from his gestures, Arisa could see that he was showing them directions.

"Alright." Kazuya walked a step forward. "Let's see if he knows where we can find our heroine."

Arisa's lips curved up as they crossed the street with a small crowd. When they reached the lean man, they saw him smile at the couple as they thanked him and walked away.

"How can I help you?" asked the man kindly, noticing their presence.

Arisa and Kazuya stared at him with their forehead wrinkling.

"Oh," the man realized, "I see that you don't speak English. Are you from another world?"

Arisa and Kazuya nodded.

"Interesting." The man rubbed his chin. "Most of the creatures I've talked to have an atypical appearance; It's my first time meeting creatures from other worlds who look like us."

Arisa smiled at him. From his appearance, she could see that he was a kind man.

"How can I help you?" he asked.

Kazuya approached him. "We've been in this country for three days and noticed that there's a Guardian flooding the news. We've never met a Guardian before and would like to see a real one as one of our memories of this world. Do you have any clue how we can find her?"

At the mention of the word Guardian, the man's friendly smile disappeared. For several seconds, only the sounds of people's chatter and horns of vehicles could be heard.

The man sighed. "I'm sorry to say that I have no idea how you can find her. Though, I wish I could find her to tell her that she's breaking the law."