Ominous

Hey, author here, with an authors note.
This chapter has been edited, to make the dialog show as English if the POV character can understand it, in italics if it's not a language they're particularly fluent in

Also, the tense has been made all present tense, and the wording has been tightened. Please, enjoy. 

----

A man walks up on a beach. He doesn't know where he is by name, but he knows it is not home, not home at all. It looks like a place that might be somewhere he has been, but he knows this is not a place he has ever been before

It's as if he only got a sparse mission briefing on this place, and only that's in his mind. It was warm, like Hawaii, at least, he thinks Hawaii is also a tropical zone island. Maybe actually more than one island, even.
He walks inland, simply because he doesn't really have anywhere else to go. The sand turns to dirt and trees as he progressed.

He didn't see civilization in terms of buildings, but he did see two people, probably natives, given the amount of melanin in their skin. He stops, hoping that he would understand them.
The one on the left, with the slightly darker hair (he wondered why that was what he noticed, but he chose to ignore that question), is already in conversation. "Tousaava a ja, no aha a haad ihavane." She says, making a fish measuring type motion with her hands.
He is... not pleased by this. Maybe they're bilingual, he hopes, considering his next move, when the other woman noticed him. "Honohono, no saini a ji jaman, haasin?" she asked.
A question. For which he most certainly didn't have an answer

He blinks. "Oh, I speak only Esperanto. I don't understand you."
The women look at each other awkwardly

The leftwards one looked right at the man. "Es hat ŭeird engliŝ? Du ju andarstand mi naŭ?"
The man blinked again. There was something familiar about this language, but not enough to understand it. Something was wrong

Panic fell on him. "Esperanto! Not English!"

He recalls at least the name of the language that he couldn't grasp anymore. Wait, anymore? Wait, how would one suddenly forget a language? No, no, not the time to ask such questions.
"Where is the city?"
The one on the left continues. "Ju... Ju have konkuŝon, rajgt? Ju nid doktor?"

Now, he seems to be getting somewhere. A doctor. Which means a city. With people who might be a little bit fuller in language education. He nods, and says "Yes"
He didn't realize how much he needed one until he fell right down on the ground

----
Nattly was tired. It was only 10AM, but she was already tired. A call with extraterrestrials this morning, and then she showed up to work only to be told to go to Sitti, the so called "Jute City" (Really, it was a large town, at least in her eyes) because, apparently, she's the only person on this entire island that speaks any Esperanto.
There's no way this guy only knows Esperanto. That's not how even the "native" speakers work She thought to herself, looking at that sign, waiting for it to flip from Ilvuton todentije to edohi an (there was english on it, but that was too small to read from this seat)

The sign clicks as the pilot hit the mechanical flip, and then she turned to the window and saw... A skyscraper, out in the middle of the row of huts that she thinks is a place for... shopping? Maybe?
Whatever the purpose of those huts, it was not as much as that skyscraper in isolation, making it more of a feature on the skyline, being the only thing there.
Aliens... Please, please learn subtlety. she thought, groaning to herself

Getting off though, well, that was something even stranger. No one noticed the tower, or its long shadow. It's as if it was always there. She exited, and stared right at it, making sure she wasn't the delusional one.
This was interrupted by someone from the hospital shouting "NATTLY CLEMENT! THE HOSPITAL IS HERE!"