I walk closer to the bed.

Mark lies in the bed, unconscious. His face bruised and swollen, an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, his head wrapped in white bandages. His once bright blond hair now fades away and is dirtied with blood.

His left arm in a cast. Both hands bloody and bruised. I can see through the hospital gown that his chest is covered with white, bloodied bandages.

I notice how slow he's breathing.

The sight before my eyes is just too much to bare.

"Baby...." Mom stares at Mark with tears in her eyes.

"When Mr. Tuan was hit, the truck was going approximately 55 miles per hour. It's fortunate that the ambulance came quickly. If they were any later, Mr. Tuan wouldn't ha-"

"Don't say it." My voice is crisp and firm.

The thought of Mark dying is too much for my frail heart.

The doctor nods his head and apologizes.

I sit in the chair beside Mark's hospital bed.

I brush some of his hair off his face. My fingers linger in his soft warm hair.

"In the next surgery, Mr. Tuan is being put in a medically induced coma." The doctor speaks after a minute of silence.

"Why?" Mom asks.

"He hit his head pretty hard. His brain is swollen, for the swelling to decrease, it's better to put him in a coma then leaving him conscious making the swelling worse." The doctor explains.

"Do what you have to do. As long as he's alright." I tell the doctor wholeheartedly.

"Aw Jackson! You care!" Mom hugs me from behind.

"Get off me woman." I push her away.

"Dr. Kim, we're ready for the patient." A nurse peeks her head through the door.

"Alright."

"Well, I'm Dr. Kim. Kim Yugyeom, and I'll make sure Mr. Tuan comes back healthy and alive. Trust me." Dr. Kim bows.

"I trust you." I smile curtly.

I look at Mark one last time before Dr. Kim and the nurse wheel Mark out of the room.

A week has passed since the incident. Truthfully, the worse week of my life.

I miss Mark, the little ball of sunshine.

He always had those weird outbursts, always smiling, always kind and loving. His happiness made me jealous and irritated, even if he was having a bad day, he would've still smiled like nothing was wrong.

I miss waking up and seeing him singing in the kitchen. I miss how whenever I come home from work he always greeted me with a bright smile and asked how my day was.

At home it just feels so...empty. Everything feels empty even when I'm not alone.

"Oh! Good evening Mr. Wang. You came earlier today." Dr. Kim greets me happily as I enter Mark's room.

"Good evening. How is he today?" Everyday after work, I'll always drive the 2 hours to this hospital.

"He's responsive now. He can turn his head on command and squeeze hands." Dr. Kim smiles at me.

Thank God. Just last week he flatlined 3 times. I thought I lost the light of my life forever.

I make my way to my usual seat beside his bed. His breathing is still irregular but at least he's breathing.

"Hey Mark."

Mark's finger twitches once I speak.

A genuine smile spreads on my face.

I take Mark's hand in mine and rub circles into it with my thumb. I gently rest my free hand on his head and caress his hair.

"I miss you kid." My voice sounds sad and desperate.

Behind the oxygen mask, Mark's lips twitch.

Mark's lips quiver and slowly and weakly,

He smiles.

A sweet taste of Jackson's POV(:
I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for so long. I've been sick for months and I still am. I'm powering through it :') so forgive me

If I dont update for a while feel free to spam me. Cuz honestly sometimes I forget😊

And thank you all so much for 10k reads and your awesome comments! I'm in a lot of pain and seeing how  you guys love my book really eases it.
Thank you so much!❤

Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiieeeee