Chapter 11

Ram was woken by the light radiating on him from the full moon in the midnight sky. He opened his eyes and saw his friends talking softly in the corner of the carriage. Ram coughed and his friends looked up and saw that he was awake. They silently crawled towards him and sat down near him. He looked around and saw Tashi sleeping soundlessly beside him.

“Do you have any idea where they’re taking us,” Ram whispered.

“No. Tom knocked us unconscious too. We only woke up about 10 minutes ago,” Lucas whispered back.

Tashi stirred and all the men turned towards her. She shivered and rubbed her shoulders. Her hand moved around and found Ram’s chest. She lifted her head and lay it on his chest and sighed quietly.

Ram looked at his friends and they grinned at him. He daren’t move or she might wake up. He unconditionally sneezed and Tashi’s eyes flashed open. She realised what she was sleeping on and instantly lifted her head.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered groggily.

“That’s alright Princess,” Ram said. He was disappointed that she had moved her head from his stomach.

She rubbed her shoulders again and sneezed.

Ram was about to offer her his jacket, when the carriage came to an abrupt halt. A few seconds later the doors of the carriage opened and they were pulled out of the carriage. They were in the middle of a forest. There were acres and acres of huge trees, small bushy shrubs and rose bushes. David, Tom, James and Adam were all there. They blindfolded Ram, Jon, Lucas, Daniel and Tashi and lead them through the forest.

After a few minutes they all stopped and their blindfolds were removed. They all gasped at what they saw.

They were in a large, highly-decorated room. Everything was neat and tidy, there were guards everywhere and in front of them there was a man sitting on a gold throne. He looked fairly attractive. He had a tall, slender body. Dark haired, dark eyed and a goatee. He was dressed formally and was staring at them intently.

“Fergox Heartaxe,” Ram gasped when he realised who the man was.

“I’m so glad you recognised me,” Fergox said snootily. “I was afraid I would have to explain.” He smiled at them and then his eyes fell on Tashi. “What have you done to the poor girl?” he asked his men. “I told you not to fool around with her.”

No one answered.

“Well anyway, let’s get down to business shall we?” he asked rhetorically. “All I want to know is: Will you give up your kingdoms to me? It’s a simple question,” he said and then waited for an answer.

“No!” Ram and Tashi said together.

“Well I guess we’ll have to persuade you then,” Fergox said. “Guards leave the room.” All the guards nodded and marched out of the room.

“David, tie up their hands,” he waved at Ram and his friends.

Fergox stood up and gestured at James to give him his sword. James handed the sword over and stepped back to watch the action.  Fergox slowly walked to Tashi and circled around her, looking at her body. He nodded and smiled appreciatively. Tashi kept her head down and her hair came around her face to hide her.

“You are most beautiful Princess Tashi,” Fergox said. Then he drew out his sword. He pushed a small button on the sword and the blade was replaced by a long metal pointer. He pointed at Tashi and starting speaking. “You cannot fight me Princess. Surrender your kingdom to me and I will spare your betrothed and his friends.”

“We both know you are lying,” Tashi said with her head still down.

Fergox put the pointer under her chin and pushed up until they were looking into each other’s eyes. “You will surrender Princess. I assure you of that,” he said. He pushed the button on his sword again and the pointer became a blade. Slowly he moved the tip of the blade over Tashi’s face and body. He started at her cheeks, then her lips and then her chin. He moved to her arms and stopped at her breast bone. “You know, I was the reason you became a Princess.”