Chapter 7

The four men burst into Tashi’s bedroom. Tashi was lying on the floor, there were red roses and petals scattered all over her body. There was also what looked like parts of a glass vase everywhere. There was a gust of wind and Ram realised that the window was open. Ram ran over to her and checked her pulse. She was still alive. His friends came over and they all carried her onto her bed.

“Jon, get that glass of water,” Daniel said gesturing to the water on the desk. Jon got the water and came back.

Daniel splashed droplets of water on her face to try to revive her. After a few seconds her head started moving slightly and she started murmuring something. She slowly opened her eyes and then gasped.

Then she sat up abruptly and clutched her stomach. She screamed in pain and lay back down.

“What’s wrong, Princess?” Lucas asked.

“Nothing. Is he...is he gone?” she asked.

“Who?” Ram asked. “Was there someone in your room Princess?”

“Yes, didn’t any of you see him?” Tashi asked in a pained voice.

All four men shook their heads.

“We heard some strange noises and decided to come in here to see if anything was wrong,” Jon said.

“When we got here, you were on the floor unconscious with roses and pieces of glass everywhere and the window was open,” Daniel said.

“We carried you onto the bed and tried you woke up,” Lucas finished.

“What happened?” Ram asked Tashi.

“I came in here and decided to take a little nap before dinner. Then I realised that I had left my bag in your room, when I opened my eyes there... there was a man with a knife over my bed. Before I could scream he had my hands tied together and something tied around my mouth. He left me on the bed and then started looking through the jewellery boxes that Ram’s father had given me as a gift. When his back was turned I managed to untie my hands and I undid the cloth around my mouth. He turned around then and saw that I was about to scream, he put his hand over my mouth to stop me and pushed me onto the bed. I grabbed the nearest thing to me which was the flower vase and I threw it at his head and then I ran to the door, but it was locked. When I turned around he was there, he pushed me towards the bed but he slipped and fell over. I was about to run again, but he picked up a piece of glass and he threw it at me and... and... that’s all I remember,” Tashi finished then she gasped in pain and clutched her stomach again.

“Princess, what’s wrong?” Jon asked. Then he saw what Tashi was clutching. “Move your hands and let us see what’s wrong, Princess.”

Slowly, Tashi moved her hands away from her stomach. All four men gasped in horror. Tashi’s hands were covered in blood, there was a large slit in her dress and there was a piece of glass in her stomach. Ram looked into Tashi’s eyes and saw tears running down her beautiful face. He couldn’t do anything, he was completely helpless.

***

“Princess, what’s wrong?” Jon asked. Then Tashi saw him look at her stomach. “Move your hands and let us see what’s wrong, Princess.”

Slowly, Tashi moved her hands away from her stomach. She waited for their reactions and saw all four men gasp in horror. Her hands were covered in blood, there was a large slit in her dress and there was a piece of glass in her stomach, she knew there was, she could feel it. Tashi felt tears running down her face and tried to stop them by blinking. After a few seconds her tears stopped and she gasped in pain again.