~ s i x ~

~ opening ~

Ace stood in the metal cage that Colby was trapped in. Hours prior, he met up with Kale to discuss a plan. He hated helping the enemy, but in order for Solaris' and Sam's plan to work, he had to help the enemy. At least once.

He leaned against the cage, his foot pressed against the wall, his head leaning on it. He stared at the emotionless, unmoving Colby. He seemed lifeless, a vessel used for a darker plan.

One that's extremely twisted, Ace thought, shivering at looking at the pale male. He turned his attention to the door creaking open as Kale walked in, holding ropes.

"I've decided something you can do," he bluntly said. "You told me you know where Sam's house is, correct."

He only nodded. He hasn't spoke much to his partner since they decided to let him aboard.

"I want you to tie this into a noose and hang it on a tree." Kale explained, tossing the lengthy rope to Ace. "Attach a note to it saying the words, So it begins; watch your back, and we'll discuss from there."

He nodded once, slowly tying the noose he was instructed to do. Ace stifled a sigh as he tightened the finished product. Why was I sent to do this? He stood back up, turning away, walking out of the metal cage into the hotel room they were located in.

Ace set the rope on his shoulder, making it seem like he was just carrying supplies out. He walked out the hotel door, into the desolate hallway. He turned to his left, making his way to the elevator where he could go to the first floor.

I might wanna warn Sam that it's beginning, he thought, entering the button to the main lobby on the hotel elevator, but I'm also very scared that Kale will be watching, therefore I might wanna tell him to make his reaction genuine..

Whatever he decided, Ace was glad to help his old friends..

**

"It's beginning," Sam said to Solaris, placing his hands on his head. "Ace just texted me Kale's first warning. A used noose. Emphasis on 'used'."

Solaris sighed aloud. She was pacing in Sam's bedroom, staring at the ground as she thought. "What are we supposed to do? Ace told me Colby was completely wiped of his sanity. He seemed like an open vessel, his words not mine."

"There's not much we can do except leave it in the hands of Ace."

"But didn't you tell me you almost broke his ribcage back when he tried stealing you from Colby?" Solaris asked, stopping immediately in her tracks.

"Yes.. What about it?"

"What if Ace remembers that?" Her eyes widened somewhat, fear and overthinking clouding them. "What if he decides to help Kale-"

The blonde interrupted her sentence, "You clearly don't know Ace. He's loyal. He's forgiving. Plus I know he has a crush on one of the people he's helping."

Solaris hand her hand through her hair, blushing slightly at Sam's last sentence. "Sorry.. Just overthinking. I want Kale in jail.. I want him to burn in hell."

"May curses be upon him.."

Silence clouded the room. Sam looked down, his blue gaze clouded too.

I hope to God Ace helps Colby hella fast, he thought, looking back up at Solaris. She was pacing back and forth, her eyes lost in thought. I already made a promise to Ace I'd help him if he promised to help me..

In secret, when Solaris wasn't around, Ace and Sam promised each other to help one another.

Ace helped get Colby back and sane; Sam would help Ace her the girl he wanted.

Solaris..

**

Kale grinned evilly. Ace was back from his job, telling him what the two, Sam and Solaris, reacted like.

"Sam looked over at Solaris, a scared expression on his face as he read the note aloud," he explained, running his hand through his black hair. "What if Colby used this? Or tried to, his voice was so annoying."

Kale chuckled darkly. "Tomorrow we start round two, Ace." He snapped his head to face his partner's. "You lure Sam and Solaris alone. Send them on a wild goose chase. Only to find this.."

He pulled out a knife. He stared at his reflection, his crazed smile.

"Why that?" Ace inquired, tilting his head.

Without hesitation, Kale stabbed the knife straight in Colby's leg..