Chapter forty two

Start from the beginning

***

Two days had passed and it was boring without Addison, I called her every day but it's not the same as directly looking at her beautiful face.

I was about to head out for a run when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I ask before sitting down on the bed.

"Sir, we have a slight problem" My security camera man, Luke spoke.

"What problem?" I ask before rubbing my forehead, seriously another thing to fucking worry about?

"Sorry to disturb you Sir, but you may want to come back to New York immediately." Luke says in a worried tone.

"Why, what happened?" I ask confusion slowly rose through me.

"Someone stole one million dollars from the personal safe that we have" He says making my anger levels rise.

What the fuck? Why would anyone do that?

Ok I know I am a billionaire and all that, but that money was needed for the agreement that I signed.

Shit, this could destroy my company.

"Who did this Luke? Tell me no who so help me-" I being to say but Luke cuts me off.

"It's too hard to tell who it is so I am going to run some checks on the camera so I can find out who it is" he says before I sigh.

"Just hurry up, whoever did this will pay" I say before hanging up.

I throw my phone on the ground before throwing the lamp on the ground with it.

If I don't hand up exactly five million dollars to the other company when I get back, I got lose over 500 million dollars.

This agreement as fucked me up, no, the person that stole it fucked me up,

Whoever did this will regret it, I will make sure of it.

I figured that the only person that could get my mind off this was Addison so I decided to tell her what happened.

Hey.

I text her before waiting for a reply, when I don't get one I text her again.

I am coming back to the office tonight, something happened.

No reply, weird.

Someone stole money can you believe that?

I text her before throwing my phone on the bed again, why won't she reply? She always does.

I get ready to leave with confusion running through me.

Once I am on private jet back to New York I was scrolling through my emails when my phone buzzes.

I get excited when I notice it's from Addison, I open it before reading it over and over again.

I can't do this anymore, I am breaking up with you.

What. The. Hell.

This makes no sense, why would she want to break up with me?

I try calling and texting her but it's no use, she blocked me, Why would she break up with me I mean everything was fi-

Wait, maybe there was a reason why she broke up with me, maybe she did something that she doesn't want me to find out.

I know her and if she didn't want to be with me at all she would've said no to when I asked her to be my girlfriend.

So why would she break up with me? Everything was going great between us.

Then all of a sudden something clicked in me.

The not replying, the distance, the change of attitude, the ignoring, and the breakup it all leads up to one thing.

She wouldn't take the money would she? I mean she would have told me first right?

Why would she even need-

Right, this all makes sense, who else would take it? She was one on the only people that knew the safe combination.

Maybe it wasn't her I can't make assumptions when I don't know who it really was.

Addison wouldn't betray like that would she?    

Question's of the day:

Do you think Ryder will hate Addison once he finds out?

Which POV's do you like better Addison's or Ryder's?

Do you like my new story cover? if so why?