Chapter forty two

*Ryder's point of view*

As I arrived in Chicago I sighed, I already missed Addison in New York but I have to deal with it, this conference meeting is really important.

I see my face on a billboard and smirk, I have become world famous.

I walked into my hotel room before settling in, I checked the clock 2:00am.

I better get some sleep I guess, I had a quick shower before getting in the bed and falling asleep with Addison on my mind.

The next morning I awoke to peace and quiet before getting up and doing what I do every morning.

I decided to call Addison to see how things were going before heading into a huge load of meetings today.

I ring her phone number and after four rings she answers.

"Addison?" I ask before I hear a sigh followed by her amaizing voice.

"Hi Ryder" She says tiredly.

What's up with her lately?

"Are you okay?" I ask her confused.

"I am fine why wouldn't I be?" she says quickly.

"You seem...off" I say curiously.

"Off? No why would I be?" she replies but I could tell she was lying.

"How are things you know with your brother and that dickhead" I say trying to change the subject.

"Still haven't heard from them, don't worry I am planning revenge" she says her voice cold and angry.

She is really pissed off, but why this angry?

"Just don't do anything stupid okay? I don't want you to be in danger" I say before I can almost sense her smiling.

"I have to go, I will talk to you later" she says sadness in her voice.

"Fine, I love-" I begin to say but she hung up on me.

I threw the phone on the bed before sitting down confused and angry.

Something is wrong, I need to find out what it is.

I jerk out of my thoughts when I see I need to head into my meetings for the day.

During the meetings I try to focus for the big deal I was about to make but I just couldn't, I was worried about Addison and this feeling was new to me so it made me angry that I was stressing so much.

"So Mr. Walsh, will you sign the agreement?" Everyone's eyes turn to me.

I quickly jerk out of my thoughts before finding the right words to respond with, shit.

"Sure, I will sign it" I say before reading through the agreement quickly, I sign it once knowing it is better for me to agree with the deal.

"Thank you everyone for attending see you tomorrow night for the ball" They all say before we all nod at each other and then leave.

I am the last one to leave as I sigh, I grab my things before walking out of the meeting room.

I step into my hotel room before getting changed in a tank top and boxer shots and heading to the gym that was in the hotel.

I always found that working out helped me get my mind off everything, as I lifting weights I noticed some girls giggling and looking at me.

I rolled my eyes before continuing to work out, once it was dark I got up and left shoving past all of the girls that were flirting with me.