Chapter twenty six

*Ryder's point of view*

"I- I was abused by my father for eleven years" My jaw dropped.

Oh my god.

"Ryder?" She looks at me sadly, I wanted to hug her but right now wasn't the time.

Fuck it.

I bring her closer to me and lift her up before hugging her tightly.

"Wha-what are you doing don't you h-hate me?" she asks me, I smile at her before letting her down.

This was all so crazy, but that doesn't make her any different as a person.

"I- I could never hate you Addison in fact I like you, a lot and this changes nothing" I say.

I wipe her tears as she looks at me confused, I lift her chin up to look into her beautiful, big grey eyes of hers.

"Thanks, Ryder I-I hate myself because of this and I never told anyone because I-"I wouldn't let her talk about herself like this.

"Don't hate yourself, you're the most beautiful, smart and fun woman I have ever been around but I need to know who abused you?" I ask angry, whoever did this I will kill them.

"I-I don't think we should talk about this here" she whispers, I nod my head before taking her into the back where my driver and car is.

Marcus pulls up in front of us and I open the car door for her.

"Then let's leave, this gala is nothing you're more important" I say before we both step into the car, who cares about a gala there are other people there who run it.

I press my hand on Addison's hand and she looks at me, she smiles with that smile that I love before letting out a breath.

To me she is brave, she went through all of this and still holds her head high, doesn't take shit from anyone and is the nicest and most beautiful person you will ever meet.

Once we approach my penthouse, we step into the front of it and then I lead her onto his living room couch.

We sit across from each other before Addison finally speaks.

"You ready to tell me?" I ask her, I needed to know what happened to her, I like her she is different to the other women I have ever come across in a good way.

She looks at me with fearful eyes, I nod at her before she takes a deep breath and tells me everything.

My heart stopped when she just broke down and cried in the middle of the story.

I went over to her and hugged her, she looked at me with that beautiful face of her's before nodding and gesturing for me to sit next to her.

When she finished telling me, she looked at me, cheeks flushed and embarrassment and fear running through her.

There is nothing to be afraid of with me, I just wish she knew that.

"Addison, why didn't you tell me all of this before I could have done something" I say, she gives me a look of sadness and almost guilt.

She needed serious help after all she has been through, yet she still stands strong like the woman she is.

"B-because I told you I didn't want anyone to know and I didn't think you would take it the way you did" I say slowly and sadly.

She is so sweet and innocent, she shouldn't have had to keep something this big all to herself.

"I think I should take care of your problem with that dickhead Addison" I say before heading into a small room full of weapons.

I had no choice but to learn how to use every single weapon, so I did and now I have no regrets.

Whoever did this to her will pay, and now I know and he will die whether she likes it or not.

"NO!" she screams as I return back into the living room.

"No, what do you mean no? I hate him, how dare your father do all that to you if you don't kill him, I will" It's true, he deserves to die and Addison knows it too she is just too afraid to admit it.

"Ryder, when the time is right I will do it but not now." She says, I nod my head and mentally scream in anger before putting the gun back and then sitting next to her again.

"So what happens now?" I ask confused.

We couldn't leave this unfinished.

"I-I don't know, but I need to find my brother" she says, I nod my head slowly before we both just think about what we needed to do and what was going to happen.

***

"And this should help you find him" I hand Addison a tracking device before nodding at her.

It had been a week since I found out the truth and I have been pretty protective over Addison more than ever, you never know when that dickhead could appear so we had to be prepared.

We were also going to start finding her brother, which would not be easy.

"Ok?" she says cutely and confused.

"We can start looking for him whenever ok?" she nods her head at me before walking off to her office sexily.

I couldn't believe it, she was forced to be a fucking stripper, forced to work so many jobs at once, forced to be brave, forced to keep on living, forced to say goodbye to her childhood, forced to say goodbye to her innocence and forced to say goodbye to her mother.

Addison Snow, was one of a kind and I think I love her but so many things were stopping me from loving her.

I was meant to be her boss, I was meant to stay away from her after everything, I was meant to never love another woman again.

Addison may have had such a hard past but I did too, not as bad but it made me think if I should tell her as well.

But by the time I stopped thinking, I was already ready to tell her she told me everything and I think I should tell her.

Tell her why I am playboy, why I don't easily trust, why I am so cold, why I drown myself in work and why I changed.

One day,

You will know everything Addison.

And your life will finally be peaceful.

Question of the day:

Who else needs someone like Ryder?

Who else is excited for Easter!?