Chapter twenty three

Today was the gala and everything that my father had told me couldn't get out my mind.

I knew he had murdered her but it was still so shocking to me, if I didn't hate him enough before I hate him more than anything.

I had to tell Jacob everything, he deserves to know.

I jerked out of my thoughts when the hairdresser finishes curling and braiding my hair, my makeup was also done and I looked like a different person.

Once I put on my light pink dress, my heels and jewellery on I head to the hall where the gala would take place.

I needed to be there early since I was hosting it, I invited Mia to come to help me so I should be fine.

This night is going to be amazing.

"And place it up there" I said for like the 100th time today.

Once it was finally done, I was proud of myself it was a rose gold theme and looked so pretty and inviting.

But all my confidence flew when I saw Ryder walk in, the place was already crowded and since he was the boss he always came last apparently.

"Mia, I will be back" I muttered once Ryder caught my eye and gestured me over.

Ryder looked really hot in a black suit and a red tie, his hair was messy but professional which made him looked like a God compared to me.

"Addison, you look- really beautiful" he says, his eyes shimmering.

I held in a laugh and responded.

"Thank you Ryder, you look good too" I say before his hands wrapped around my waist, he pulled me closer to him and whispered something in my ear.

"The gala looks amazing, reminded me to keep you permanently" He spoke before kissing my jaw.

Oh my god.

I smirked at him and I couldn't hid the blush that formed on my cheeks.

"Th-thank you" I say stumbling a little.

Ryder winks at me before turning to a middle aged couple, they called his name before they rushed over to us.

"Ryder, it's so good to see you" The woman spoke before embracing Ryder in a huge hug.

I smiled at him awkwardly before the man spoke.

"It's good to see you son how's the company going?" the man speaks, deeply and strong exactly like Ryder.

Wait, son?

Oh shit.

Once the woman releases herself from Ryder, he grabs my hand and pulls me back to him.

His hand wraps around my waist and he clears his throat before speaking.

"Mother, Father this is Addison my assistant, she planed the whole gala" he says, I knew it was his parents.

I took a deep breath before I put on a smile and hold out my hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr & Mrs Walsh, Addison Snow" I say smiling the whole time.

They both shake my hand with a smile before the woman speaks.

"It's so nice to meet you dear, you planned the whole gala?" Once I nod my head Ryder smirks at me before they continue.

"You did an amazing job and I also see my son happy, that's a first but I am glad someone keeps him sane." Ryder groans before rolling his eyes making me chuckle lightly.