“You have a beautiful wife, Dr. Bateman. I’m sure all of your admirers will be broken hearted knowing that you finally tied yourself with someone.” The man he is talking to said. I believe he called him Dr. Lee.

“Well, she is one of a kind so I made her officially mine already.” He grinned.

I chuckled at his reply. As if they is the real reason why we got married.

“So, what do you do, Shanaya? Are you a model or something?” a female docor asked. 

“I’m the editor in chief of Fierce & Kissess.” I replied, trying to get comfortable with this people. But it’s not a big problem because they are nice. I’m happy that they admire my husband.

“Really? That’s amazing. That’s a very popular magazine.” She commented with awe. Caius continued talking to them while I simply just stand beside him, trying to keep up with their conversation.

“So, how long were you two married?”

“6 months.” Caius replied.

6 months but it still feels like it just happened recently.

“Any plans of having kids?”

I suddenly want to puke.

“Kids?” my tone comes out like they are crazy.

“Yes, kids. You two surely will make good parents because you have been very responsible at your own career. I heard that a baby will make your married life more colourful. Well, just based on experience.”

The hairs in my arms raised at their question, it’s very obvious that we haven’t thought about it yet and the baby issues is not what a comfortable topic for me at the moment.  I felt his hand squeezed me on the waist for an unknown reason. Nothing came out from my mouth.

“We haven’t thought about it yet.” Caius broke the silence. As expected. But he glances down to me with tender in his eyes. “But if one came in unexpectedly, I’m sure it would being us nothing but happiness.”

My eyes widen. Does that he mean he wants a child?

“I envy you. The two of you are so sweet.” One doctor told us with grins.

My breath hitched and couldn’t afford to make eye contact with him. My heart is pounding too fast all of a sudden and my face heated up.

Their conversation continued but my throat becomes dry because of the baby issue. “C-Can I grab something to drink?” I asked Caius.

“I will come with you.” He insisted.

“No, I’m good. You stay here and talk to them.” I told him then starts heading towards the buffet table where drinks are served. I just grabbed one lemon juice and drink it. But in a short distnance, I heard women talking.

“Yes, that’s Enrique’s wife.” At the corner of my eye, I saw Prey talking to a group of women. They are all watching me like I am doing something wrong.

“I thought you and Caius are going well?”

“Yeah, he even lets you call him by his name.”

“I don’t know, she just appeared in the hospital and all of a sudden, they are married.” Prey replied, their eyes still fixed in me. I’m sure that they don’t know I’m hearing them but it’s not my problem if they are too foolish. That Prey is really a two faced bitch.

“Want me to shut them up?”

“Jonny.” I smiled, seeing him approach me. “Hi, you look good.”