I didn’t noticed that they were here though because I thought it was only me and Caius here. Blood flows to my cheeks for there is something in his eyes that I can’t determine what it is. Like his eyes are sparkling. But then he eyed Claire and the others that caused them to swfitly leave with smiles in his eyes.  Honestly, I’ve never seen the maids act comfortably around Caius before unlike now.

We are now alone and the room somehow looks bigger for the two of us.

“You look handsome.” I sheepishly complimented while rubbing my nape. “I hope this is enough so you could show me your people.”

His eyebrows touched but just laughed it off before pulling me by the waist. “I must not let you go out of my sight tonight, Mrs. Bateman. You might allure all the men in the party.” He touched his nose to my neck as if he was smelling me.

A soft giggle escapes me because it tickles. “Well, they can only look but they cannot touch.”

“Hmmm...I don’t think I am fine with them looking at you as well.” He whispered then smirked sexily. “Let’s go, we must leave now or else, I might rip that dress off.”

I laughed at his childishness acts as he leads me out of the house towards the car where Joseph is waiting for us.

I actually liked it more when we have a driver coming with us in the car so that I can cuddle with Caius at the back. Even just the little things I spend with him makes me happy in someway. I don’t even know if that’s normal. It’s a crazy life but he makes me want to make it crazier.

Arriving at the event hall, there is a like a photoshoot before you entered where the guest should stop and let the photographers take pictures. I heard from Caius that there will be famous doctors around the world who would also attend this party so publishing companies will be here to take some articles and gather some news. Photographers went wild when it was our turn to step in. It seems like Caius is very popular.

“Oh my, it’s the editor in cheif of Fierce & Kisses!” Oh, it seems like someone recognizes me as well. I smiled through the flashing lights from their cameras and Caius is just very composed. He barely smiles but his presence is very overpowering.

They must be surprised to see that a famous surgeon is married to me. I’ve been featured in many news TV because of my position so there might be quite who knows me.

When it is time to enter the event hall, I’m amazed at the decorstions of the place. It is very well designed and it suited well. Looks like they really put an effort for this party.

Caius placed his hand at the small of my back as we head inside. There are already many of doctors who greeted him with amazement. He picked a table first where Prey is and she is talking to also some group of men that looks powerful in the medical history.

“Enrique.” Prey approached us. She looks stunning wearing a very besutiful a red sequenced mermaid cut gown. Her long blonde hair is curled perfectly and that matches her makeup as well.

We are gonna share a table with her along with others but I quicken up my actions so I could sit between them. I don’t like the idea that they will be sitting next to each other.

“So you brought your wife here. Hi, Shanaya.” She placed her cheek on mine like a greeting kiss but of course I know how fake it is. “You look beautiful.” She complimented me. 

“Thanks, you too.” I repliedq.

Caius mingled around first with the others, he doesn’t let me out of his sight so I was by his side. He was behaving professionally too but I’m glad he was able to attend at a social gathering like this. I think he needs this once in a while.