Chapter 14: The Aries garden

We had been walking in the coolly of the snowy forests of Glacier park for about an hour, letting Jason take the lead.

"When are we gonna get there?" I complained. "We aren't that far." Jason insisted from ahead. I was a bit shocked he could even hear me from all the way up there.

"How could you know." Elwin asked kind of breath. "I can see the light." He replied politely. I rolled my eyes. Then I began to think. What if these tasks have something to do with the abilities we have, or being taken up to the stars give us a small power. Perhaps that's what happened to Elwin and his eyes.

Out of the blue I smelled something sweet, breaking me out of my deep thoughts. It was like Roses and honey, and maybe even fruit. There was no way that oranges and strawberries could grow out here.

Jason suddenly banked left down a small slope. Elwin looked back at me and I shrugged back at him. Despite everything that told me not to follow I did anyway.

Upon going down the slope Elwin fell and rolled the rest of the way down in the fresh snow. He was covered from head to toe, but still laughed at himself. Jason held his hand out to Elwin and he took it.

"What are we looking for exactly?" I asked reaching their level. "Can you not see that?" Jason raised a brow. "See what?" Elwin put his braid back over his shoulder. "It is right in front of us." Jason pointed his hands toward a cliff face. A creepy feeling started to overwhelm me as a breeze blew by. Jason and Elwin must have felt it to, because they shuttered at the breeze and looked more tense then they were moments ago.

A crunching in the snow came from behind us up the slope. We all look up and see and Husky standing up at the top. One eye was brown while the other was blue. It chilled me to the core. We all looked at it for a while before it raised it's head and howled to the sky. When it finished it just left.

"That was weird." Elwin glanced at me. "We should leave." Jason started to walk up the slope.

"Hold on." I hissed and pulled on his long hair, causing him to fall back in the snow. "You said it was right in front of us." Elwin crossed his arms. "You guys down believe me anyway." Jason struggled to get up. "Don't tell me you're superstitious." Elwin arms plopped to his sides. Jason's face flushed.

"A superstition of dogs?" I said with disbelief. "No Anne, it's the howl of the dog. Some believe if they hear a dog howl at something that it weird or scary that there is a evil spirit or even death himself." Elwin informed me.

I thought Elwin would be more scared of the situation given he was the guy that thought juice was making me go crazy. Then again he's walked under many ladders and broke many mirrors to prove there was nothing wrong, and he was right.

While Elwin and Jason argued about superstition I walked up the cliff walk and touched it. The stone face of the wall disappeared and formed a cave opening. Only it was now covered with thick vines, and flowers. At the same time the smell of fruit flooded my senses. It was the same fruits like earlier.

Jason and Elwin stopped their bickering and came up beside me.

"That is the reddest red I've ever seen." Jason's jaw dropped looking into the cave. I had nothing to say.

Jason pulled something from his pocket and clicked it open. It was a blade. Not any design I've seen, so I assume he made it. It was well made and clean. He began cutting the vines and lead the way.

"Are we going in?" Elwin asked looking at me. I didn't say anything and entered. Elwin took a second and then came in.

For what seemed to take forever only took a couple minutes when we saw a light just ahead. It was a natural light that was bright enough for me to see Jason completely ahead of me.

The sweet fruit smell was stronger now. I felt like is was going into a trance by the smell. My eyes adjusted quickly and I saw many shades of green of exotic plants.

"Whoa." Elwin adjusted his glasses. "What is this place?" Jason tuned in circles taking in the beautiful plants. I stepped forward more into the well kept plants.

There were paths of white rocks and obsidian tiles. Just down the path was a granite stand with a red plaque on it. As I came closer I could make out the words. It read: Aries Garden - Paradise.

"It's my father's garden." I called back the boys. They came up to me and looked at the plaque.

"Okay then. Now what?" Elwin touched the granite stand gently. "We press on. The light is gone now." Jason shrugged and began walking. I stood there for a moment before catching up to them.

"Hey look, Peaches." Elwin pointed up ahead. "Nice I'm starving." Jason smirked and jogged to the tree. The vibe I had at the moment was peaceful and welcoming. It was my father's garden, there for nothing could be wrong with it.

Thanks Aries. I think to myself and approach the Peach trees.