CHAPTER XIII: NUMBERS

The clock's short hand strucks pass 9 while Ainney is still awake. She looks at her mother sleeping like a solid rock. She takes out her Math modules since for the record, she messes with her academics for consecutive days.

Sheree, her classmates visited her to hand the Math modle as instructed by their teacher.

She puts on her 3-year old glasses to help her eyes accommodate those stuffs. She studies the chapters on her own trying to grasp the details about functions.

The nurse checks her mother's dextrose dropping mechanism as she adjusts it by forcing her thumb on a circular objects which tighten the transparent hose. She does not even notice the nurse since all she thinks of are her math modules.

The nurse notices her doing, "you love numbers?" She guesses while peeping on her solutions.

"I don't think so" Ainney responds and then goes back to the real thing.

"Mrs. Willies will be sched for lung X-ray tomorrow for further monitoring." The nurse informs her while studying the patient. "She shouldn't be here for too long. With these groups of patients with the same diagnosis" the nurse looks at her now, " she might not be getting well."

Ainney nods like a young child does after hearing such a great mass of knowledge.

"Nurse Flores" she asks making the nurse traces her steps back to the messenger. " Is she recovering? I mean her condition."

The nurse smiles, "yes, no worries. She should be out from this ward maybe after the X-ray sched".

Ainney smiles back, "that is an amazing update. Thanks Nurse Flores."

She responds with a slight bow of her head then checks the other patients in the ward.