4

Ethan POV

I can't believe that mark would care so much about me, so much to the point that he would take me shopping. James would barely let me out of the house for more than three hours at most. James, oh how I despise him. But now Mark will take care of me.

"Hello, earth to Ethan!" Mark said, as he waved his hand like a wand in front of my face, snapping me back into reality.

"Sorry," I replied, "I just got lost in my thoughts. Uh, what store are we going to next?" I asked, eager to know what he had in store for me. (Ah. Get it????)

"Well, we've got you nice and warm cloths for the winter, so now you can get a couple of movies or other entertainment items for your enjoyment." Mark informed with a warm smile. Oh that smile, that smile could brighten up anyone's day.

"Really? I-Ive never really had the option to choose what we do, it's always been James' choice, or my parents. Are you serious about this?" I asked, thinking that he would back out, and leave me here.

"Yeah, sure my treat. Anything you want." Mark replied with the smile never leaving his face.

Marks POV

The child-like wonder in his eyes was priceless. He was as happy as can be. He finally got to choose what we buy.

"Can we go to Best-Buy, I heard they have a lot of movies there." Ethan asked, the child like innocence in his eyes melted my heart.

"Sure, it's just down the street wanna walk there?" I asked, wanting to spend more time with him.

"Um, sure I guess." He said, pulling down his sleeves, counseling his scars and bruises.

I don't want him to be uncomfortable, I would hate that. But God, he's so beautiful.

"Actually, on second thought lets drive. It won't take as long." I suggested, taking note of his actions.

"Ok, thanks!" He replied, he showed his smile again, that smile could make anyone's day better.

*Time skip to when they're at home and done shopping*

"Pancakes are SO much better than waffles!" Ethan said as he carried the last bag of groceries in from the van.

"Waffles are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!" I playfully yelled back.

"Yeah but the syrup runs smoothly off of the edge if  pyou put a lot on, but waffles trap the syrup. Bet you didn't think of THAT did you?" Ethan pointed out.

"No...." I said admitting defeat. "Fine. We'll have pancakes for dinner." I love see him happy.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry this charter is short, but I had writers block and wrote myself into a corner. Also, drakro (fellow watt pad writer) is helping me for my future uploads. Hope you enjoyed! And remember... Pancakes are better than war😉