3

Marks POV

All of these thoughts rushed through my head as we headed to my home.

Why, no HOW could someone be this mean to someone, to the point where they would abandon them and just leave them on the streets like like that? Who would bruise this beautiful and fragile person? 

I heard his stomach grumble. 

"When's the last time you ate?" I asked the boy.

"A-around 8 in the m-morning." He said, his voice trembling.

"You must be starving! Can you wait another five minutes, or do we need to stop now?" I asked, worried that he would be too hungry by the time that we got home.

"I-I can wait sir." He answered.

"You can call me mark. What's your name? U-unless that's something that y-you aren't ready to say." I stuttered.

"My n-names Ethan." 

"Good name." I said with a smile.

After driving for a little more we ended up at my house.

"You can warm by the heater while I make you something if you want." I suggested, knowing how cold it can be here in Maine in the winter. (I know that he lives in L.A but for the stories sake he lives in Maine.)

"Thanks sir, I mean M-mark." He replied.

While in the kitchen I quickly heated up some leftover spaghetti that I made last night. It was to much for Amy and I to eat all at once, so we always ate it twice. I soon returned with the spaghetti in one hand, and a glass of tea in the other.

"Thank y-you Mark." He said, while huddled up by the heater with a blanket around his shoulders.

"Let me know if I can do anything else to help you." I calmly said as I handed him the items in hand.

Soon there was nothing left on his plate. "That was very delicious! Thank you s-so much!" He said as he walked to the kitchen. As he passed the chair he stubbed his toe and dropped his tea, his glass shattering as it hit the cool tile.

"Oh my god! I'm so so sorry!" He said as he rushed to pick up the mess that the glass made.

"Here let me help." I suggested.

As I moved closer to him his hand flinched back and he rushed backwards into the cabinet "Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry!" He yelled as he put his hand up above his head, and tears rolled down his face.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Come here, are you okay?" I asked as I saw that he cut himself on the glass.

 He hasitantly moved closer to me, and I looked at his wound.

"You're not gonna punish me?" He asked hasitantly, worried that I would.

"No, of corse not. Wait...... who hurt you, is it the same person that gave you those bruises?" I asked concerned. He started to tear up as he nodded his head. "Oh, come here, oh it's okay  it's OK. No one can hurt you now, if someone tries to hurt you again they won't hear the end of it. Don't worry, you're ok. No one will hurt you now, I promise." I reassured as he cried into my shoulder.

"H-he would h-hit me, and h-he w-would tournament m-me, and he w-w-would torture m-me. Please don't hurt m-e." He sobbed.

"Oh no, I'll never hurt you. Never-ever." I told him as he started to calm down.

"Who hurt you?" I inquired.

"M-my ex-boyfriend, J-James"

 "You head to bed, I'll pick up this mess. We have a spare bedroom up the stairs and its the last right you take." I directed. He only replied with a nod.

As I'm cleaning up the broken glass, Amy comes through the door. "Hey bab- what did you break?" She questioned. 

"Um I didn't break this." I replied hasitantly, as she walked to help me.

"Was it wade?" She asked, I shook my head no. "Bob?" I shook my head no again. "Jack?" No. "Tyler?" No again. "Well then who then?" 

"Um... there was a kid who has bruises and was crying in the ally behind work, and he had a suitcase packed, and I t-took him home, a and gave him the leftovers and he told me that he was abused by his ex-boyfriend, that he was hurt, and he had a suitcase so I assumed that he ran away, so I'm letting him stay here." I explained as she listened with a poker face.

"How long?" Amy asked.

"For a couple days, weeks, months, or maybe permanently if needed. He is a broken man who has been on the streets for god knows how long, and I will be here to put him back together, however long that may take." I answered confidently. That's when her strait face turned into a face of pure hatred, and prissy-white-bitchness.

"He is leaving tomorrow, or IM leaving tomorrow." She stated, tapping her foot waiting for my answer. I couldn't believe this, I thought Amy wouldn't mind this, she was always kind hearted, but I guess that changed when her and I bought a house together, thinking that we would only go further. Guess we were wrong to think that. I don't wanna leave him out on the street again, but I was gonna propose to her in a month or two. I love her, but I can't let a person who is so kind, and fragile, and scared, and has nowhere too go to be thrown out on the street again. And at least Amy has Katherine's that he can stay at, and her parents house.

"U-um........*sigh* pack your bags." I stated. A look of shock washed over her face. She couldn't believe the look that I was giving her. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"Fine. We're THROUGH! I hate you!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face, making her mascara go with them. She started to throw a temper tantrum, throwing her purse and wallet at me, and barely missing.

"Leave. NOW! I go to Katherine's tomorrow with your belongings and explain. But you WILL leave this house, and you will leave it NOW!" I yelled. She was taken aback by my sudden yelling, she gasped and started to say something but stopped and stomped her foot and stormed out of the house. 

I started to go back to what I was doing as tears started to fall from my face. I just told my girlfriend to leave the house. I loved her. But she has pleasures that this boy doesn't. Like a house, love, and a safe place.

After I was done I went upstairs and looked into the spare bedroom, still asleep. I'm glad. I started to pack Amy's bags with her clothes, chargers, books, and her pictures. I gave her all of the pics of her and I except for one. The one where her and I shared our first kiss on the beach. That one is the only memory of her that I still like. Nothing was wrong in that one moment. But now. Now everything is wrong, I'm packing her bags and I left her. But the one thing that's not wrong, is Ethan. He's perfect right now. I think he's might still be a little worried that I don't like that he's gay, but I'm bi so it's not like I'll care.

Tomorrow I'll have to go shopping with him for some more cloths. We can't just have seven pairs. I'll let him get whatever he wants. He deserves it, after being through that torture. Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow is a new day.

A/N

Hey this is a long chapter, like 1230 words not counting the authors note. But hope you all liked it. And I will try to update 2-3 times a week, and once a week when school starts up again. Have a good day/night and remember pancakes are better than war😉