25. Momma Dearest

The Unexpected 

© 2012 All Rights Reserved 

Alexandra’s POV (Pic of her on the Side.)

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Alex!” I heard my mom’s harsh voice but I didn’t exactly turn to face her hurriedly, I was scared shitless and was counting the few seconds I would be feeling no pain because once she got her hands on me I’m sure she would be causing some sort of damage. I cringed, I hope she didn’t pull my hair, I had a major headache right now.

“You better not be ignoring me Alexandra, I know you can hear me perfectly.” My mom whispered it but yes, this wolfy hearing gave me the ability to hear her clearly. I groaned--bad idea. “Oh that’s it, wait until we get home—actually, wait until you step foot inside the car!” she said harshly.

I turned around and finally faced her, she was just a few feet away. I stood up from where I was sitting on a bench and gave her a strained smile, I’m my bottom lip was quivering.

She finally reached me, her eyes cold and slowly turning shades darker. Oh man!

I closed my eyes and waited for her to do something, but don’t worry, my mom had never been the violent type, the most she would or could do was pinch me or spank my butt—oh, and pull hair!   But still, she was one tough bitch I did not want to mess with.

“Hey mom,” I said slightly stumbling over my words, even if I only muttered two. “Miss me? I’m sure you did.” Her glare never left me, but then the unimaginable happened. Her gaze softened up and she gave me a tight hug, okay that’s wasn’t unimaginable but it was shocking.

“Oh baby, I missed you more than you could imagine!” she then stepped back, a motherly look on her face. “But what the hell! I told you to stay with your father! Not runaway!”

 I shrugged my shoulders and gave her a casual look, “What can I say, I missed you too much.” She glared at me. She always had a way of finding out or knowing when I was lying. “Okay, that was partially a lie. I mean I did miss you but that’s not why I’m here…” I sighed. As if my sigh said it all, she hugged me again.

“Let’s just go home, eat something and then we’ll talk. Okay?” she gave me a cheerless look, almost as if she understood my pain. I nodded my head and gave her a sad smile, my face dropping.

“Oh baby, that’s never a good look.” She whispered, running her long fingers over my forehead and smoothing out the wrinkles. “That’s a bad look.” She said tensely. 

“What do you mean, I’m just tired Mom.” I whispered out.

“No baby, that’s the helpless look. That’s the same look I had when I left your father. The ‘I’m-a-wreck’ look.” She said Hurt but yet concerned for me.

I looked up at her, and for the first time I just didn’t have the strength to lie. I just nodded my head and hugged my mom for all that I was worth and cried. Right there, in the middle of a busy train station.

---

The ride home was quiet, well aside from a few sniffles coming from me but it wasn’t awkward silence, it was comfortable, it always was when I was with my mom. During the ride she kept sending me these worried looks, I knew she wanted to say something or ask questions but every time I thought she would she would simply close her mouth and turn back to looking forward with a confused expression on her face.

She opened the door to our house and led me inside. The only thing I wanted to do was head up to my room and cry my eyes out. I usually wasn’t this weak girl that cried her eyes out over some guy, never had I done this! Never! So then why was I doing it now? How was he any different than the other jerks I dated? I wiped away a few stray tears and shook myself out of this depressing state, however this hollowness inside me wouldn’t leave. It seemed to have been growing every minute that passed and the further I traveled from him. It was unbearable and agonizing.

“Alex?” my mom finally talked, after an hour of silence. “Is this about a boy?” she said worriedly. I didn’t say anything, I just walked into the kitchen and opened the freezer and pulled out the chocolate ice-cream. I sighed in content, mom was always prepared with a tub of Ben and Jerry’s.

“Taking out the good stuff huh?” she said eying me up. I got a spoon and headed over to the couch and turned on the TV. Mom sighed, “You’re going to have to tell me what’s up sooner or later Alexandra.”

With ice-cream in my mouth I managed to say ‘Later.’ She rolled her eyes and sat next to me, lowering the volume to the TV but not turning it off, she then looked at me concerned.

“You hardly cry, so I know this is a big thing.” She said more to herself, like if she was trying to figure something out, almost like a hard puzzle. “And I think it may be over a boy but then again, you’ve never cried over a boy before.” She said scrunching up her eyebrows. “So that either means, it’s not about a boy but rather something else or…” she looked at me sternly, “It is about a boy, but a very important boy.” She said almost cautious. “So tell me,” she paused but then began. “Is it about a boy?”

I quit glaring at the TV and shoved another spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth, once I had swallowed that down I turned to look at my mom.

“Yes mom, it is about a boy.” I said angered and then shoved another spoonful of the chocolaty deliciousness into my mouth. “Better yet, a dumb, rude, jackass of a man!” she cringed.

“Ah, the beauty of finding your mate.” She said almost fondly, but of course she was joking. “What’s his name?”

“Klaudious Veil.” I muttered while glaring at the TV. My mom looked at me with a confused face.

“Where have I heard that name before? I don’t suppose I’ve met him before?”

“Mom, Klaudious is such an uncommon name.” I muttered.

“I didn’t mean Klaudious, I meant Veil.” She said, while trying to remember. “Veil, Veil, Veil…” I rolled my eyes as she continuously muttered that name. “Where have I heard that surname?” she asked getting frustrated. “Is he from your father’s pack.”

“No, he’s Alpha Klaudious from the Western Pack.” I tried to say with the most respect and in a deep voice, I then laughed. I looked over at my mom but her face went pale. “Mom?”

“Klaudious Veil.” She repeated, “Son of Lark Veil and Sandra Veil.” She said, in a distant voice.

“Mom, how do you know that?” I asked surprised. “Actually I didn’t even know that? He never tells me anything, so how would I?” I said bitterly, she snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me.

A small smile spread over her face, “I used to be best friends with Sandra, his mother. We belonged to the same pack before we mated and went our separate ways.” I looked at her surprised. “I met your father a week before she met Lark however she had Klaudious before I had you.” I looked at her curiously now. “She wasn’t a shy girl at all,” my mom said smiling as if remembering a fond memory. “She jumped his bones the day they met; I on the other hand was a bit more reluctant.” She laughed once again. “She had Klaudious and a few years later I had you, but we didn’t speak much after,” she said sadly.

“Why?” she looked at me.

“Well I moved here…and when I did I just kind of cut off all communication from the wolf world.” I looked at her sympathetically.

“Why though, why did you leave?” she looked at me sadly.

“Because…” she whispered out, finally her head snapped up and her eyes searched for mine. “It wasn’t safe.” She said sadly while clutching onto my hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N ; Okay so what do you guys think? Do you like her crazy mother? Lol  This was mostly a filler chapter. I just wanted to introduce Alexandra’s mom into the story a bit more and I also wanted to intoduce the whole topic of why her mother left her father… but that will be explained next chappy. I’m also going to explain how her Mother knows Klaudious’s Parents and--So. Much. More!!  :D

Things will be slowly unraveling themselves and a lot more crazy stuff will be thrown into the Mix! :O

Actually, I’m going to be explaining a lot more things so you guys better hold on tight!