Prom

Tyler giggled as his boyfriend rested his forehead against his own, leaning forward and kissing his lips softly.

Josh grinned and kissed him back, wanting to deepen it but knowing he couldn't because they were at a school dance.

They danced and sang and had the time of their lives, and even though so many people were there, they felt like it was just them.

Eventually, the last song of the night played.

Everyone slow danced together, Tyler and Josh swaying back and forth, Ty's arms resting on his boyfriend's shoulders and Josh's around Tyler's waist.

Tyler let out a sigh.

"Why're you sad, baby?" Josh asked.

"'Cause this is our last prom," Tyler replied.

"Who said it's our last prom?"

"You're graduating this year and there's no way I'm going without you next year."

"Well maybe I've purposely been failing every single class all year so I have to retake senior year just so I can take you to prom," Josh said.

Tyler smiled softly and shook his head. "You better not have done that."

"I didn't, I didn't," Josh assured him with the goofy grin Tyler loved so, so much. "But it's a pretty genius idea."

"It really is," Tyler giggled.

Josh laughed as well, his tongue sticking between his teeth as he giggled.

Tyler smiled up at him, getting on his toes and kissing his lips. "I love you, Joshua."

"I love you too," Josh smiled. "I remember the first time I told you that."

"And I didn't say it back because I thought you were pranking me and one of your friends was gonna jump out of the bushes with a camera," Tyler giggled.

"Yeah," Josh chuckled. "But you came around eventually."

"And everybody thought I was so cool for dating an older boy," Tyler said. "Only to learn he's really about 4."

"If anything I'm dating the older boy," Josh said. "You eat dinner at like 5:30 every night and have oatmeal for breakfast every morning. You old man."

Tyler giggled and shook his head, rolling his eyes. "But I still stay up late talking to you. And I bring you donuts every Friday morning. See? I'm willing to sacrifice even some of my most favorite things for you."

"I know, baby. I know. You're the best boyfriend ever," Josh grinned, kissing Tyler's lips again. "But I still think you should start eating the oatmeal that has the dino eggs in it. That's like... so cool."

"If you wanna come over one day and bring that dinosaur oatmeal, I will gladly try it with you."

"Imma do it," Josh grinned. "Once you graduate and come room with me, all our cabinets are gonna be full over dino oatmeal."

"What did I say earlier? You're four years old," Tyler giggled, pulling him down and kissing him. "But you're my favorite. My favorite person ever. Don't you ever change, Joshua."

"Speaking of changing," Josh said. "After this, are we going back to my house or yours? Cause I really dont wanna wear pants for a while. These are way too uncomfortable."

"Then I guess we should go to your house," Tyler giggled.

Josh grinned and nodded.

The song ended, Tyler sighing as he rested his forehead against Josh's chest.