Graduation

"Congratulations, baby," Josh said with a wide smile, hugging his boyfriend tightly. "I'm so proud of you."

Tyler nodded, hugging him back. He looked around at all the other people who had just received their diploma from medical school. All of them were hugging their parents, thanking them for supporting them through their last 10 years of studying to be a doctor.

"I just wish my parents were here," he said quietly.

"I know, baby, I know," Josh replied, wrapped his arm around his waist and kissing his cheek. "But they're looking down right now, saying how proud they are of you."

Tyler nodded again, walking with Josh to his car.

Tyler had lost his parents in a car accident about eight months before his graduation from medical school. His parents had been talking about how excited they were to watch him graduate just days before it happened.

He opened the car door to the passenger's side to find a big bouquet of roses as well as a card.

'Tyler,

I'm so incredibly proud of you, words can't even describe it.

Maybe we can go on a little trip sometime to celebrate.

We have reservations at Legacy for 7:30 tonight.

I love you so much, and I'm so proud of you.

All my love,
Josh'

"Thank you, Joshua," Tyler said. "This is really thoughtful of you."

Josh leaned over and kissed his cheek.

He drove back to their shared apartment, walking hand in hand with him inside.

"SURPRISE!!!" Tyler heard as he entered the apartment.

All his friends and his siblings had surprised him.

There was a big banner saying 'congratulations, Dr. Joseph!' hanging up over the kitchen.

Tyler smiled softly, waving to everyone shyly. "H-hi."

So he talked to everyone during his little surprise party. He had a nice time, but he was happy when they all left and he got to just be with Josh.

"Thank you for organizing the surprise party," Tyler said softly. He was always very soft-spoken. "You're so sweet thinking about me like that."

"Anything for you, baby," Josh smiled. "I love you."

Tyler got up on his toes and kissed his lips softly.

Josh's smile widened, quickly kissing the shorter boy back.

"Wanna have celebratory snuggles?" Josh asked.

Tyler nodded, smiling shyly. They got into their bed, Josh hooking his phone up to the TV so music was playing as he lied in bed, pulling Tyler on top of him.

"What're you gonna order tonight?" Josh asked with a smile.

"French fries," Tyler grinned.

"French fries?!" Josh exclaimed as he smiled. "We're going all the way downtown for French fries?!"

Tyler giggled and nodded.

Josh grinned and kissed his nose. "If it was anybody else, I'd think they were crazy. But since it's you, I know you're crazy."

Tyler giggled and kissed Josh's lips. He loved his boyfriend. He was the only thing that made him happy anymore.

Eventually it was time to go to dinner, so they got dressed and headed to the restaurant.

After they finished, they went back home.

"Hey, how about you head inside?" Josh said. "I'll meet you in there in a minute."

Tyler nodded, getting out of the car and going inside.

He opened the door to reveal a trail of rose petals. He followed them, ending up in the bedroom where there was a note on the bed.

'Tyler,

Our dear, sweet Tyler.

We hope dearly that you never have to see this note, but if you do, know that we're still there with you, even if it's not physically.

Josh asked us about a month ago for our permission to ask to marry you, and we immediately said yes. We know how important it is to you to know that we approve, and we've approved since the day we met him.

You've always been the most special kid, and we're so lucky to have a son who's equally as kind as he is smart.

We know Josh loves you. We know he makes you happy and we know he'll take care of you and treat you right.

We love you more than anything, and we'll be with you real soon.

All of our love,
Mom and Dad'

"J-Josh?" Tyler called confusedly, turning around to find Josh down on one knee.

His eyes widened. "J-Josh..."

"I-I love you," Josh said softly. "Tyler, oh my god, I love you. I love you and want more than anything to marry you. You're the light of my life. You're all that I care about, all that I love and want and need. You're the sweetest, smartest, most amazing person I've ever met, Ty. And all I want is for you to be Tyler Dun."

Tyler was couldn't stop crying and smiling, Josh doing the same.

"I love you so much," Josh said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a velvet box. "Tyler Robert Joseph, I love you so much. Will you continue to make me the happiest guy in the world, and will you marry me?"

"Y-yes," Tyler said. "Y-yes!" He exclaimed.

Josh smiled widely and slid the ring onto his finger before kissing it and standing up, wrapping his arms around Tyler and kissing his lips deeply.

"Josh," Tyler cried, hugging him tighter than ever. "W-we're gonna get married."

"I-I know," Josh smiled, wiping Tyler's tears gently. "I love you so much."

Tyler couldn't remember the last time he was this happy. He'd never been this happy, he decided.

"I-I love you more," Tyler cried.

The boys had their first time that night, Tyler so excited that he lost his virginity to Josh. Josh was excited he lost his virginity to Tyler, as well.

Tyler couldn't sleep that night, he was just too overwhelmed and excited and happy.

He hadn't been genuinely happy since his parents passed away. It was incredible to finally feel joy again.

Josh stayed up with him, telling him all about how he had been planning to propose for months now, and how today just seemed like the best night.

Tyler could not agree more.