Chapter Seven

After school, Jordan walks me out to his car before I remember that Danuvius is supposed to pick me up and take me back to Daemon’s city. I told him about my mom giving me the black eye, and he wasn’t happy about it. At all. He promised he’d deal with it, though.

“Are you sure you can trust this guy?”

“I know you don’t like him, but he saved me. Not only that, but I was drowning soon after and he really saved me then. He gave me a place to sleep, food, shelter.”

“I understand, but this guy just gives me the creeps. Why does he still bother you?”

“Well, after the incident, he kind of likes to view himself as my handler. He drives me to and from school and he’s even started to tutor me.”

“In what, exactly?”

I shrug. “Just history.”

“Doesn’t he know you have a boyfriend that can take care of you?” I snort and roll my eyes.

“He dislikes you as much as you dislike him.”

“He hasn’t even met me!”

“You’re one to talk.” He sighs, wrapping his arms around me. “Does he know I’m your teacher?”

“Sadly.”

“What if he tries to use that against us?”

“He would never hurt me like that, trust me.”

“You don’t even know him, Aurora.”

“I know that he’s true to his word and he’s very protective of me.” The red Corvette pulls into a parking spot and he comes out, smiling at me and Jordan.

“You must be her teacher.” He pauses to look away. “Sorry, I meant boyfriend.”

“No harm done.” Jordan says with a clearing of his throat, shaking the hand Danuvius offers. “I’m Danny, and from what I hear you and Aurora are pretty close.”

“We are.” A moment passes and the testosterone battle rages on.

“You ready, Aurora?” I nod and kiss Jordan on the cheek, but he grabs my waist and gives a very long goodbye kiss.

“I’ll call you.” He whispers. Danny’s hand meets my shoulder as he opens the car door for me, us soon on the road and moving quickly towards his city. And Daemon.

“Do me a favor.”

“Name it, Danny.”

“Tell your little boy toy he doesn’t have to suck your face for me to realize you’re taken.”

“Um, excuse me?”

He laughs and says, “Jordan tried to mark his territory with that long kiss, so let him know he’s already marked it.”

“Alright? He was just kissing me.”

“He thinks I’m a threat, which I kind of am.”

“How?”

“I’m closer in age, being 19. I’m also the only other available male that you actually speak to.” I snort in response to his comment as he parks, us taking the back way into the city and sitting in the library.

“Tell me about the dragons.”

“Alright.” He sits down, getting ready to explain everything to me. “There are three types of dragons - ground dragons, flying dragons, and water dragons. There are two breeds of ground dragons, which are the Hungarian Bloodspine and the Norwegian Ivyscale.”