Chapter 6: The interuption

We both stared at eachother for what seemed like forever. He started to lean closer to me. 

        "Holy. Is he about to kiss me?" I excitedly screamed in your mind. Trying to stay cool, I lean in also. Right as I can feel his breath on my mouth, I hear someone coming up the creaky stairs. 

        "seriously?!" I whispered to him in disapointment. We both giggled to eachother, When Newt and Alby round the corner of the stairs. I act like nothing even happened and stood up. 

        Newt and Alby gave me a scolding look. "give him a check up, and leave. We have a lot to bloody talk about with Greenie here." Newt said with an annoyed tone. We will be having a gathering after dinner tonight. You're both invited." He said with a rough pat on my shoulder. He was obviously mad I broke the rules but, really? I saved Thomas. It's more than he could've done so I hope I'm not getting punished. I have always stayed on the side lines and here I am. Saving my long lost boyfriend.

        Withcthe thought, i smild and said, "okay, okay. I'll hurry up and get out of your hair.."  I checked Thomas's pulse, it was steady. He was holding back a smile. Trying not to make it obvious something happened when Newt and Alby were gone. I didn't originally get to see what he looked like after I collasped with him next to me however many days ago. 

        "Where did you get stung? or pricked? whatever.." I asked Thomas. 

        "On my left side, My calf, and left chest area." He trailed off embaressed. 

        "Jesus" I whispered to myself.  I lifted his shirt to see purple bruising exactly where he said he got injured. "Does it hurt when pressure is applied anywhere?" I was being serious now. 

        "Not really, just sore in the areas I got pricked." I couldn't help stare at his body. Despite all of his wounds, he couldn't be more prefect. He was in wonderful shape, and his body showed it.

        Snapping out of my daze, I reassured them all, "in that case, you're totally fine. Your body is healing just as it's supposed to." 

        "Okay, well, I'll see you all tonight." I flashed a smile at Thomas who made a little one back to me. Still trying to play it cool, I knew that. Newt and Alby didn't see it the way I was standing over Thomas, so hopefully they wont interigate him about us right on the spot. 

                                                                                ****   

        The day dragged on forever. I was already having Thomas withdrawl. That thought made me smile. My stomach was growling like crazy, so I walked over to Frypan to see if I could get something to eat. I already missed breakfast and lunch, so I think he'll understand.  

        He let me have a turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon sandwhich with an apple. It was heavenly.  Not much is needed at The Med jack's because They took care of anyoone in need of attention while I was out, so there wasn't much for me to do. I decided, I would walk to a bench sittin in front of the woods. Sure enought, Chuck ran up to me.

        "(Y/N)!" Tell me all about what you did! You're gonna be in deep klunk tonight!" He giggled to his own joke. "Everyone can't decided if they hate you or want to marry you!" He giggled again. 

        I didn't think I'd get this much attention. "Oh no. Really?" I questioned him. We carried on tallking about what he thought was going to happen to be atthe gathering. It did wonders for my anxiety. Luckily, Thomas came to my rescue. 

        "Hey Chuck." Thomas interviened. "Do you mind If I talked to her for a sec?" Chuck nodded and ran to whereever he goes when he's working. 

        "Hi Thomas." I smiled big. "So what happened with newt and Alby? Are they really mad at me?" A thousand emotions ran thorugh me, scared of the end result.

        "Well, They are 50/50. Mad that you broke the number one rule, but imprssed at how you saved me with the amount of time given to you.' Thomas said with a smirk. "You know, I never said thank you for that. I owe you everything for saving my life." He looked serious now. 

        "There was no way I was going to lose you, not yet. I didn't get to even say how I feel. I felt like I could do anything for you. I would die for you, Thomas." I really meant it, even though it might be too soon for me to say things like that. 

        He turned his head fast to look at me. He looked at me all over. It made me nervous. He said nothing. He grabbed my hand, and ran with me into the woods. From a distance I could see the graves, but we were in the middle of the woods non the less.  

He touched the sides of my facewith both hands and whispered, "I would die for you too." A soft smile across his face. He leaned in and kissed me. Shivers ran up my whole body.  We kissed and kissed until we heard Newt rounding up all the keepers for the gathering. I could've stood in the dark and kissed Thomas all day, but we needed to be at the meeting. He kissed me on the forehead and motioned for me to discretely go out of the woods first, then Thomas. We finally made it to the metal doors, the map room.