Chapter 3: Common Thoughts

"Who is that girl?" Thomas asked while he sat down to eat with Newt. He knew he wasn't supposed to ask questions until his tour of the Glade was finished, but he couldn't stop wondering ever since he saw her a few minutes ago. Newt is a thousand times nicer than the other leader, Alby, so he took his chances. 

        "Oh yeah, That's (Y/N). That greenie came up the Box just like you, about two weeks ago. She's about the same age as you, actually. She went through her little trials of jobs, and surprisingly is a Med Jack. She's pretty smart. But, She's the only girl here, and has no interest in any of the boys here. So, don't get any bloody ideas shank." he joked and laughed. So did Thomas, but he felt a twinge of disapointment. He wanted to know her. He wanted to be the exception to the information newt provided. He knew that the odds where about  50 to 1, but he wanted to try. He couldn't help to feel that in another life, they had something. A friendship, a relationship, who knows. But being around her might spark some memories. Secretly, if it didn't, Thomas wouldn't mind. He just wants to know her. "I hope I don't come off as pushy, or shank, as these people say." 

        After the long tour of the day, and a headache with all the straining to not ask questions, left Thomas feeling pretty tired. The day was only half way over. Thomas perked up though, because he might see (Y/N) at lunch. He walked in to Frypan's and to his surprise, She was sitting with a short kind of thick looking guy, and Newt. Considering he didn't know anyone else, This was a perfect time to introduce himself. 

        "Hey guys" Thomas said sheepishly. 

        "Hey greenie!" Newt said enthusiastically. "How are you doing on your first day shank?" He smiled with his teeth showing through. 

        "Oh, Umm. I have a lot of questions, but I'm trying you know?" Everyone knew what he meant. 

        "This is Chuck, he's a slopper. And this is (Y/N). She's the third Med Jack I was telling you about." Newt broke the ice, thankfully. 

        She and Chuck both said "hey" at the same time, but all Thomas could look at was (Y/N).

        "Well, Adam needs some stitching up from last night's run so I better bring him some food." She said with a calm voice. "See you guys later" She said wih a big smile. She smiled at Thomas a second time. "I hope that was a sign that she liked me." he prayed to himself.  How should he know? With the whole inconvienience of the memory swipe, how could he possibly read her. He really hoped she liked him. 

        After the long day of touring was over, Thomas was shown his sleeping arrangements by Chuck. He was pretty nice as far as he knew. Thomas was distracted by (Y/N). He saw her getting into her sleeping bag 5 people away from where he was sleeping. Wow this is perfect! Thomas jumped for joy in his mind. He could talk to her on their way to bed, or at night, anything would be good enough for Thomas.  Newt told him he would be starting his job trials, to see what stuck best. He just has this feeling he was born to be a runner. Aparently, that was the last trial so he'd have to wait awhile before tha pipe dream came true. But he was so eager to be a runner. Especially if it meant that (Y/N) would be trreating his wounds. He snickered to himself. Sleep would come uneasily with her over there, but managed after all.