Chapter 2: The First Encounter

I just wanted to comfort him. I knew exactly what he was going through. I didn't even know him, and I already felt the need to do anything for him. To distract myself from the new discovery of the cutest boy in the Glade, I took advantage of the vacancy in the bathroom. I'm sure you can Imagine the struggle of living with 45+ guys with one girl present. I have needs that no guy understands, if you know what i mean. I freshend up and tried to look a little less animal like, just in case I meet this new guy today. 

       By the time I finished In the bathroom, most of the guys have gone to Frypan to get some breakfast. Today's meal was a egg sandwhich and a fruit bowl. I sat down at one of the available tables, which seated four. I was hesitant to sit there, just in case the new guy sits here with Newt. It sounds stupid I know, but I've never felt comfortable eating in front of boys. Not so much now becasue I'm used to it, but in this instant yes, becasue  the new guy makes me nervous..in a crush kind of way. After about five minutes of peace, Chuck sat down on the seat to my right. 

        "Did you get to see the greenie?" Chuck asked eagerly. 

     "Oh, uhh, yeah I saw him." I tried to sound nonshalaunt about it. What'd you find about him, anyway?" I was actually really excited to find about him. 

        'All that I heard was that his name is Thomas, He's probably about 16 or 17, and he can't shut his hole about this place." He made it sound like having questions was irregular. It made me kind of upset. 

        " Okay well, i'll see you later Chuck. I have lots to do today. See you at lunch" I said quickly with a fake smile. 

        I finished my meal just as Newt walked in with Thomas. I casually smiled and waved to Newt. But, I did't know I would catch the eye of Thomas. We locked our gazes for what seemed like twenty minutes. I examined his appearence in the few moments I could with out making it obvious I was checking him out. He had messy brown hair, short, which is what I like. He had dark brown eeyes, a white skintone, a tattered grey long sleeve T-shirt, and black pants.After the eye contact was becoming unberable, I blushed, smiled, and hurried out the door so I could get to work. "Wow he is so cute" I smiled to my self as I opened the door to the Med Jacks facility. My mind started to wonder about my glimpse of the talk of the town. I haven't had make up on for who knows how long, so I pray that I didn't look too hideous...