Then I start the engine and make my way to Mikey's house. I'm so excited, you guessed it, and I just can't hide it. I'm just excited because Gerard said yes, I'd probably never go to Mikey's house again if he said no. And if this date doesn't work out well, I'll probably never go to Mikey's house again.

I've always liked how the drive to Mikey's house is short, we only live a few streets away from each other. Before I got my license and shit, I would just walk over there.

I get out and straighten out my clothes, trying to look presentable. The walk to the door is agonizing and I'm tempted to just run. But I finally make it and decide to knock, thinking it'd be the proper thing to do since I'm here as a date.

The opens and Mikey smiles a little, "Gerard said he isn't ready yet. He's being a girl and apparently his hair won't cooperate, so sit and endure the three hour wait."

I laugh at that. I thought I cared too much about my appearance. I walk in and sit down in my usual spot, the chair. We talk usual, just waiting for Gerard.

"Sorry I didn't pick you up," I say. "I was just in a hurry because I'm excited."

"No big deal, walking doesn't bother us," Ray says from behind the kitchen counter. 

"The cold does, however," Mikey grumbles.

"Dude, it's the end of September, it's going to be chilly, quit forgetting your jacket," I tell him. He always does that and ends up stealing one of ours.

He grumbles something under his breath and slumps down in his spot, crossing his arms. Idiot.

"Okay, I'm- shit. No I'm not," Gerard says. I giggle and look towards the stairs, but he isn't there.

"Having trouble?" Mikey yells up, losing his sour attitude from earlier.

"Yes! Now get the hell up here because I need your help," he shouts back. Mikey rolls his eyes and trudges his lanky ass up the stairs.

Now for a quiet wait. When Ray eats, he doesn't really talk. There's no time to between the handfuls of food he shoves into his mouth. I swear, his stomach is a black hole. It's crazy.

I'm so bored, how long does it take? Like... what is he doing?

I move around on the chair and end up sitting with my feet dangling over an arm rest and my face pushed into the backrest. It's comfortable, I'll give it that.

Eventually, they come downstairs. Gerard looks pretty great. He's wearing black jeans and a white button down shirt. His hair is straightened and he has eyeliner on. It suits him, it really does. His sleeves are rolled down, unlike mine, and he's wearing Converse like me.

"Ready?" I ask. He nods his head and walks away from the stairs and follows me towards the door.

"Bye, guys, I'll have him home by... it doesn't matter," I say as I walk out the door.

Now that we're alone, Gerard looks a little nervous. "Just calm down, I didn't plan anything too complicated," I tell him, leading him to my car. He nods and walks over to the passenger side, getting in quickly and putting on his seatbelt. I follow and start my engine, then think of a question. "Do you have a jacket that you could bring?"

He nods his head, "Why?"

"It's a surprise, go get it," I tell him with a smile.

He smiles back and nods his head. Then he unbuckles his seatbelt and goes inside, getting his jacket.

It's not long before he's back and we can finally start our date. I pull away from the curb and start the drive to the movie theater.

"So, where are we going?" he asks while grabbing my stack of CDs and going through them.