Chapter Two

"Thank you for your time Mr Levett." I once again offered my hand as I made to leave the hotel.

"Please, call me Mark. I'll be in touch Annika." He returned, holding my hand for a few moments longer than was strictly necessary. I gently tugged my fingers free, gathered my bag and rushed from the hotel as quickly as my heels were able to take me, without looking like I was running. I headed to the Starbucks at Broadbeach, ordered an English Breakfast Tea Latte and took a seat outside.

"Well, soufflé seemed to like you." I heard from behind. I didn't have time to turn around as the next second he was standing in front of me in all his glory. Hottie from the hotel.

"Soufflé?" I questioned, inwardly collecting myself.

"Yeah, didn't you think he was all puffed out, like a soufflé, but one poke and he'd deflate in on himself." He replied with an accompanying grin.

I giggled and shook my head. "Yeah, I can definitely see what you mean."

"I'm Dillon. Mind if I sit Annika?"

"You know my name?"

"Yeah, I heard soufflé say it, then I followed you." He shrugged but as I frowned I could see the realisation of what he said actually hit him. He held up his hands in a surrender pose, but grinned devilishly at the same time. "Not in a stalkerish way you understand." He continued and I raised my eyebrows, as I tried not to laugh at his boyish charm. He took the seat opposite me, even though I hadn't said he could sit down, and carried on the conversation "Naa, I'm more like a lost puppy, who needs looking after."

"Is that right?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's right." He told me, leaning forward and crossing his arms on the table top.

I tried to avert my eyes as his muscles formed like little mountains on his biceps but had to look back when he remained quiet. "I can make my pecs dance if you like the male form" he declared with a glint in his eyes. I could feel the heat creep up my neck as he started moving his chest in time to the low music which flowed from the store speakers. A dimple formed in his chin and he smirked at my blush. After a few seconds his eyebrows joined in with the impromptu show, each one arched in time with his pectoral movements. He leant forward slightly and pointed to them "they have a mind of their own" he explained with complete seriousness, so much so that I couldn't contain the belly laugh as it burst from me. His eyes sparkled as I calmed myself down and wiped my now weeping eyes. He had stopped the humorous dance and was staring at me thoughtfully. "Wow, you're absolutely beautiful when you laugh." He stated with not even a hint of jest.

I remained quiet for a few seconds, not sure how to answer his statement, or if it even needed answering. Luckily, he picked up the conversation, before it became stilted and awkward.

"So, you are an Aussie then, what do you do?" He asked.

"Oh yes, you thought, what? I was a tourist?" I said. My poker face was hiding the humour below.

Dillion rubbed the back of his neck, looking slightly sheepish. "Sorry about that, I wasn't being rude."

An unfamiliar feeling took over and made me stretch my arm out until I had gripped his hand in my own. I stared at my rogue limb in surprise, not being the touchy feely type, teamed with the fact that I had known this guy for all of five minutes, caused a slight panic to whirl and I attempted to pull myself away. Dillion gripped my hand and held it in place. I met his eyes.

"I like you here." He whispered to the question which hadn't been asked, but instead had hovered in the air. His reply didn't make a lot of sense, but for some reason it did relieve the discomfort I had felt at my brazen action.