Chapter 9

His POV

"I'm going to die," I say, then I realise I can ask for help. I take my phone of the bedside table and take a picture of it. I send the picture to Seungmin as it might worry Jisung if were to see it. I immediately get a message back.

Why did you
send me a picture
of your leg 😂
Read 7:04pm

He can't see it. Blue mist starts to form around the scroll again. I look down to see new text has appeared on it. I read it. It seems to be saying that it's impossible for others to know about the scroll and the prophecy, but also that if my body will not allow me to explain it to anyone.

Just thought
you'd like it 😊
Read 7:06pm

Okay ㄱㄱㄱ
Read 7:07pm

How're you feeling?
Read 7:07pm

Fine, literally the
same as before
I fainted
Read 7:07pm

Weird
Read 7:08pm

Guess we'll have
to wait and see
Read 7:09pm

Yeah, rehearsal
is so boring
without you
Read 7:09pm

I'm sure it is ㄲㄲ
Read 7:10pm

Her POV

I wave Jisung goodbye and head into the house. I am greeted by Hye-Yun. She can immediately tell I'm upset.

"Are you okay?" She asks and walks over to me. I nod my head but begin to cry into her shoulder. "It's okay Sun-hee, it's not your fault."

"It is," I cry. "If i hadn't met uonwith him he wouldn't be in hospital." She strokes my hair as I cry into her shoulder. I hear some footsteps coming up behind us.

"What's going on?" A lady's voice asks. I keep looking down.

"It's okay mum," Hye-Yun responds. "Her friend went into hospital today so she's a bit upset."

"I see," the lady says. "Is she the new resident?" I feel Hye-Yun nod. I step out of her hug and look at the lady that appears to be an owner.

"You're the lady who called the ambulance," I say. She looks at me more closely.

"You're the girl who stopped my hand with her bare hands," she says in disbelief.

"You did what?" Hye-Yun questions. "That's impressive."

"Yeah she did," Hye-Yun's mother answers for me. "Guess she's stronger than she looks." I smile awkwardly. "Sorry I should introduce myself, I'm Jeong-yeon." I take her hand and shake it.

"I'm Sun-hee," I answer.

"Well you girls are probably awfully busy, so off you pop to bed," she smiles.

"Okay mum," Hye-Yun smiles and kisses her mum on the cheek before waving me goodbye and leaving to her apartment.

"I'll bring you up some hot cocoa to make you feel better dear," Jeong-yeon says to me. I nod politely and leave.

I reach my room and my mind immediately casts back to Felix. Somehow I can't help but feel as though a part of me is missing now he's ill. It feels like if it weren't for him I'd be dead, but if it weren't for me he'd be dead too. I can't help but think, a version of me in another reality watched Felix get hit today, watched him die before her eyes and couldn't do anything. That makes my eyes well up, it makes me want to share my reality with her. Something in me wants to protect him, needs to protect him. I'm just not sure I can always do it like today.

One thing that is puzzling me about today is how I managed to stop the car, if I remember correctly I never even touched it. And for as stupid as this sounds I feel like a source of energy came from my body, or maybe Felix's, and stopped that car. I feel as though I saw a mist, a blue mist that'll be reoccurring in my life. Has always been there, just never seen before. It scares me yes, but I feel like I can do so much good now I know of this power. There's a knock on my door I go and get it. Jeong-yeon is on the other side bringing me some hot cocoa.

"Thank you," I say and take it.

"You deserve it after saving that boy's life," she smiles. "And I'm glad you've become friendly with my daughter." I nod and she says goodbye. I wish my were like her, but I don't even know my mother. She and my father disappeared and/or died, leaving me to grow up with my aunt. I never fitted in in my makeshift family. At first people though I was adopted due to my Asian heritage that the rest of my family didn't have, but when they found out I was the niece, they assumed awful things about my parents, which I could not deny I didn't know for sure. But it wasn't just others that found me weird, my aunt hated me too. She would treat me like a modern day slave, because she was jealous of my mother and how she got to be with a man she loved rather than have the child if someone random. Nowadays I tell people that in adopted because I don't want to be associated with the family I was forced into and I never want to see them again. Somehow I manage to fall asleep

***

I wake up. Later on I'm meeting up with Jisung, he's going to help me choreograph. Or at least I thought it was going to be later. I look at the clock and see I've slept in way too much. Deciding there's no point in showering I throw a makeshift outfit in and rush out my door. We decided to meet at his parent's dance studio. Or at least he told me it was his parent's dance studio. Seeing as I didn't have any time to get food at home I head into a coffee shop to get myself a coffee and some food. I order my drink and eventually it comes. I thank the lady who serves me and exit. I walk down the street, music in my ears, smiling as I go. However I'm not out for long before I hear something. My name.

"Sunny?" The voice says. Only one person calls me that, Felix. So who else can it be. I turn and immediately regret my decision. It's my cousin. "There you are." He reaches forwards to grab me but someone else's arm slides in front.

"Don't," he says. I look up. It's Jisung.