chapter two.

I took some time inside to finish up reading one of the books from the "Steel Samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo Official Manga" series.

I did acknowledge that Steel Samurai was targeting the audience of kids, but I quite liked it for its plot and its high production values.

Although, I hated to admit that I liked the Steel Samurai, and many people teased and mocked me for that reason.

I sighed, closing up the manga and placing it on the table in front of the couch. I glanced over at the clock, reading the numbers "8:49" on it.

So it's currently 8:49 AM... And I won't be seeing Wright until 4 PM...

Apart from reading books and drinking tea while being cramped up at home, I had no other ideas of what to do inside. I walked over to my nearby window to take a good look at the weather outside.

My theory had been correct: The snowstorm had calmed down and it was now just a light flurry. I knew it was a bad idea to do what I was just about to do, but I just wanted some fresh air.

I'd been stuck at home, taking dumb medications for about three days straight, and I wanted out.

I first quickly walked on over to my bathroom and took a nice warm shower. I thought it was a good idea to get warm while I still could, and a shower was definitely one way to warm me up. I quietly embraced the water as it trickled down lightly over my skin, refreshing my being and my soul.

After getting out of the shower and drying myself down with one of my towels, I took off towards my bedroom closet, opened the door, and took out one of my magenta-colored suits, along with a white undershirt and a black suit to go underneath. I also took out one of my cravats and tied it around my neck like I always do.

I went over to my bathroom mirror, adjusted my cravat, and put on some gel, as well as fix up my hair from the results of the shower.

I brushed my hair one last time, then stared into my reflection on the mirror, which of course stared back at me with deep stone gray eyes.

I turned away, glancing at my reflection one last time, and walked back off to my living room. From there I went over to get out my dark brown winter coat, along with a soft bright red scarf. I put on the coat and carefully wrapped the scarf around my neck to the point where I was still able to breathe. I also took my keys out of one of my other jackets and put it into my pockets.

I put on a pair of brown snow boots, and, opening the door, I made my leave, locking the door behind me as I looked out at the snow-covered city.

I took a deep breath in. What a relief it was to breathe in fresh air. It just felt so distant at the time that I could've forgotten what it was like to breathe fresh air.

I felt... free.