prologue.

The memories of the entire incident laid quietly in the back of my head. It didn't seem like it existed, but it was there, preying on my mind like a fox. Every little while, it would reveal itself to me in the only form it could: nightmares. I knew, right from the time that my mind shot me conscious, that I was having the same nightmare that I'd always used to have.

The dark scene of an elevator, shaking vigorously as an earthquake broke out through the courtroom. After about a minute the elevator came to a halt, but the door did not dare to open. Many hours passed, and I was beginning to lose track of time itself. Nearby, two men were on the ground, shouting and arguing, their words only a haze in my mind.
Suddenly, one of them grabbed onto the other's suit, shouting louder.

"...You're breathing my air! STOP BREATHING MY AIR...!"

The voices became clearer and clearer. The first, former bailiff Yanny Yogi, screaming for air. The other, my father... Being attacked by the officer. He kept on asking for Yogi to calm down, but any efforts he made didn't work.

I felt around for something.. Something.. That would make them stop. An object had fallen to my right. A pistol...

The men wouldn't stop yelling at each other, and I feared that something bad might happen to my father. My heart was pounding loudly; I swear I would've been able to hear it far away from this courtroom. I didn't know what else I could've done. So I...

I...

"...Don't... Don't hurt my father...!"

BANG!

A single gunshot rang out through my ears, echoing endlessly until it was followed by a horrifying scream. One that spoke so many words at once.

Then silence. An abyss was all that was left of my mind. With that, I awoke with a shock, sitting up quickly and breathing heavily.

I pressed my hand against my head. I was sweating. Sighing, I let myself fall back onto my bed, covering my face with my bed sheets.

It's just another nightmare... One that I haven't seen in a while...

...It's today, isn't it?

Of course it was today.

The anniversary of the DL6 Incident.