After I went back into the living room, Clare was ready to hurt me. Usually I can sense evil from her baking under her skin. But this time, I knew from her face. It was evident she was really pissed. Her small brain must not have came to that decision until now since all she had been doing in the minutes prior was sitting and thinking. But now, she was on her feet and staring at me, giving me such a look of hate. There were a few tears around her eyes and I smiled at the sight.

She strode forward, moving closer to me and when she got to me, she raised her hand and slapped my face hard. And with the contact of her hand, it seemed to advertise her personal bipolar problems. She went from spazzing and scared to pissed off devil woman. She most likely realized the reality of the situation. Not how sad she was or worried... but the results from all this. And to her, when hubby finds out, it won't be good.

Thankfully though when she slapped me, I didn't stumble back like she probably figured I would. By now, I was use to this with her and was especially prepared today (even if the last time I saw her was over a year ago). Though sudden, I knew I shouldn't have been caught off guard by the incident. She only had so much time to get her anger out on me before this guy gets here.

"I didn't think you were dumb enough to come walking back here. Things were going good without you. Now, I regret not killing you when I could and burying you with your sister! I should have. When you disappeared, I started over. I got married and started a life without you. Then, look at what you did. Do you really love me enough to come waltzing back in here? I thought I made my feelings for you very clear."

I groaned. Sometimes, I wish she had just killed me a long time ago. "I wasn't trying to come back. I was just passing through to the next town. I was caught nevertheless. There is nothing holding me here to you, especially love. Who could love you?"

She gave me a smug look. "My new husband."

I scoffed, crossing my arms as I rolled my eyes. "Congratulations. You were able to lie your way into a marriage. All he loves about you is your acting skills. I know over the years you have come to be really good at it."

Her cheeks flushed a furious red and she backhanded me again but this time it didn't really bother me all that much by now. I was shaking with fear earlier because I assumed she would really hurt me - more than ever before. Because in the past, I got use to what she had done to me and what to expect on the streets. I was scared a few hours ago from thinking she might beat me to the point to where I actually have brain damage. I even secretly thought she might kill me. Because I knew she wasn't afraid of killing me, considering she did it before. But now, seeing that Clare had a husband living here, I knew she wouldn't kill me. And she wasn't beating on me much now. I needed to be presentable to my new daddy when he gets here.

I wasn't as scared as I was before. But I still knew better than to fight back. Standing before her pissed off form, her face red with anger after she just hit me, I prayed for her new hubby to walk in at this very moment and see what a princess Clare really is.

"Now, he will be home soon. He doesn't know about you. Doesn't know I had a kid. And all you need to do is be yourself. As in tell him everything about me and nothing will change. Because he will believe me when I tell him you are insane over you." She scowled at me.

I sighed. Jesus, it's as if she didn't think I already knew that. Throughout my whole life that was the case. It didn't matter what I said to him, didn't matter what I did. Because he wouldn't believe me. Why would he? I could tell him horrible things about his new wife and Clare would be fine with that. She didn't care what I did because she knew he wouldn't believe me.

She sighed, walking away from me and turning towards the front windows next to the door. Looking out them, she sighed, still worried.

"Do you really love him?" I asked, really curious. And this wasn't me being me; I honestly wanted to know. I mean, she never loved me I don't think but she once loved my father. It was a pathetic love, even before he took off.
He left Clare to handle me on her own. And though pathetic, they did put an effort in. Which isn't an excuse anyway.