X

he tasted her mind and realized he had been starving

Fenris awoke slowly, blinking his eyes as he looked around the room

Fenris awoke slowly, blinking his eyes as he looked around the room. When he saw no sign of Rose he began to panic.

That was until he felt a whimper from below him. He glanced down to see his precious mate was curled up on the couch next to him, sleeping.

He sighed in relief as he wrapped his arm around her, sliding her to lay on top of him. She was going to be the death of him.

She must've grown tired from painting because the only light that illuminated the room was from the moon shining outside the windows. He checked a clock that Roman had someone install above the door.

10:41 p.m.

He rubbed Rose's back, occasionally kissing her hair as he scolded himself for falling asleep for so long. It was only mid-morning when they'd come in here. Why was he so tired?

Rose shifted and rested her head on his shoulder, her breath tickling his neck. Fenris purred in enjoyment. He loved having his beautiful mate so close to him, so comfortable with him.

He admitted that the way him and Roman went about getting her was a little brash, but they'd gone hundreds of years without her. There was no way he was going to stay away from his angel.

He also admitted that if Rose, however, begged him to stay with her parents, he would've let her. There was no way he could deny her of something that would make her happy, that would put that innocent gleam in her eyes. Him and Roman swore to never force her into anything she wouldn't want to do. The very last thing he wanted was for her to hate him.

Fenris whimpered softly at the thought and he felt Rose burrow deeper into his shoulder. A smile replaced his whimper as he realized that even in sleep, she was trying to comfort him.

He wrapped his arms around her tightly, unwilling to let go. She was too good for him, he knew that. He'd done unspeakable things that would have her running for the hills if she ever knew. She would call him what everyone else does: a beast, a monster, a murderer.