XI

you will always be the answer,

when somebody asks me

what i'm thinking about

Rose looked out the window, sighing contently

Rose looked out the window, sighing contently. She'd woken up earlier than usual but made sure to stay in the room, now knowing how Fenris would act if he woke up without her.

She looked across the room from her place on the bay window seat at the muscular body halfway covered with blankets. She could see the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed steadily, and she didn't miss the hold he had on her pillow.

Rose had learned many things about Fenris throughout their time together. And if she had to sum it into one sentence, she'd say this;

Fenris was just like a puppy.

He seemed to crave her affection and attention. He always wanted to be near her, always wanted to touch her. In some ways she found it irrevocably sweet, and in others she found it impossibly overbearing.

She would be lying if she said she didn't miss her parents, her freedom. She longed for her independence again. She was adjusting to this place, yes, but that still didn't change the fact that she hadn't come here willingly.

Her eyes strayed from Fenris and back out the window where the clouds had started to turn grey and gloomy. She smiled slightly, she'd always loved the rain.

The rain gave her a sense of familiarity, of home. Her and her dad would always play in the fields when it rained, just dancing and laughing and succumbing into a world of their own.

Maybe she could do this with Fenris and Roman too?

Rose was undoubtedly nervous for Fenris' shift back into Roman tonight. She found it so simple to live with Fenris. She knew what he wanted and the loopholes with him.