Chapter 4: Kill the Hysteria

Start from the beginning

"I doubt the Empire would've allowed any survivors," said Akame. "The others could've been taken to a different location for...other reasons."

"The chance of anybody still being alive...is close to zero," grimly stated Kurome.

"There has to be—" Tatsumi stopped talking when he heard a strange sound, turning out to be Wave laughing. "Why are you laughing?"

"This is all such a bad joke," he said while still kneeling on the ground. "Whether it was with the Navy or the Jaegers, I've spent most of my life working for the Empire. For them to slaughter everyone and destroy my home..." Wave rose from the ground and looked up. "It really is...such a bad joke."

"I know you're trying hard not to lose it, but it's okay to—"

"Shut the hell up!" yelled Wave, cutting off Tatsumi. His sudden vehemence put everyone on guard. "If I would've left sooner like I wanted, I could've saved them!"

"This was all planned," stated Akame, instinctively keeping a hand on Murasame. "The massacre probably happened at the same time, or even before, we were ambushed. By the time we realized what was going on, it was too late."

"Well, don't you have all the answers?"

Wave was glaring daggers at Akame before Kurome stepped in between them. "Get a hold of yourself! You're not thinking clearly."

"So, you're on their side too...?" Wave grabbed his Teigu while Tatsumi did the same.

"Are you really going to do this!" yelled Tatsumi. "We're trying to help!"

"If you want to help, then get the hell out of my way! I'm going to the Capital!"

"If you do that, you'll compromise everyone," said Akame. "I can't allow that."

"Stand aside."

"Don't make us stop you, Wave," stated Tatsumi. "We're not going to let you storm off to your death!"

"I said...stand aside!" yelled Wave, activating Grand Chariot.

"You're giving me no choice here!" yelled Tatsumi, activating Incursio. Tatsumi tried to grapple Wave and pin him to the ground, but he quickly dodged and hit him with a harsh elbow.

"Don't interfere, Tatsumi!"

Akame prepared to enter the fight until her sister stopped her. "You can't kill him!"

"He'll keep rampaging!"

"Let me try something." Kurome drew her sword.

"Don't use Yatsufusa!"

"Sorry, Sis." Kurome held her Teigu up to the sky, preparing to summon one of her puppets.

"Just what do you think going to the Capital will do!" yelled Tatsumi, blocking a flurry of punches.

"I'm going to find everyone who did this and kill them!"

"This isn't the way to do it! I thought the same as you did at one time, but now I know that it's okay to ask for help! We're your allies!"

"Coming from an assassin, those words mean shit!" Wave hit Tatsumi with a large kick that sent him to the ground. "Now get out of my way!" Wave was going to strike again until he felt something grab him from behind. Whatever it was harshly slammed him to the ground before pinning him down. "What the hell!"

"I'm only going to say this once..." stated Akame, pointing Murasame at Wave's neck while standing over him. Wave could see the culprit pinning him down was a Danger Beast that looked like a giant ape. "Release Grand Chariot, and compose yourself."