Mommy

I remember asking if you were okay. I asked if you wanted to play a game. You like games. But you said no. You looked at me as if I was a monster, you tried to hide it but it was in your eyes Mommy. Daddy used to look at me like that, I don't know why he was scared of me. I remember because he was telling you I should go to that place. That facility for bad people. He wanted to send me away.

Am I bad Mommy?

I don't think so.

I'm the best little girl in the world. Grandmama says that all the time. She says I'm beautiful. She says I have the prettiest blue eyes and the softest black hair. She doesn't seem to be scared of me. She laughed when Mr.Stuffens died. She told me it was okay. I didn't have to do anything.

Do you remember Mr.Stuffens? He was my puppy. I had him for a week but he wouldn't stop barking Mommy!

It wasn't my fault Mommy.

Even when you bathe in crimson, I don't think I'm the one at fault. You shouldn't have ignored me. Why does a little box gain more attention than me? Daddy ignored me too. They never found him even though he's in the basement. I remember when you saw Daddy on the floor. I told you he fell and you didn't say anything.

You didn't smile. I smiled Mommy.

Daddy couldn't come inbetween us anymore. It was going to be you and me forever and always. But then you had to act like Daddy did. I'm not a monster Mommy. I'm not.

Mommy, why did you have to treat me like Daddy? Did you really want to sleep like he does? Okay Mommy.

You can sleep.

Maybe Grandmama will understand. She was an orphan too, right Mommy?