Author's Note + Sequel Information

Here we are, everyone. After about a year and a half, The World Without Them has finally come to a close.

 Before I get into anything else, I'd like to express my gratitude to every single one of you. It was because of you all that I kept writing consistently and enjoyed it. Your constant support is something that I definitely don't take for granted. I could never have imagined that TWWT would grow to be this big or have the audience it does, so thank you very very much!

 I will be spending the next couple days editing this book in my spare time to get it ready for the PWA. It'll mainly be breaking up big paragraphs, fixing grammatical errors, and correcting some plot holes. The ending is also semi-rushed, so I'd like to change that. 

 I'd say the biggest thing I'm editing is Frost's character development and the way he acts early on. My writing style has changed so drastically since I started this book, and it's time I update the rest of the novel so everything's consistent. Our boy won't be going under any major changes, but just enough to make him more of a person and less like a freaking angsty robot he is in the beginning. 

 These changes may or may not alter some plot events (I have yet to decide, but they wouldn't be big or really that significant), so it is completely up to you if you ever want to revisit the book and reread the newer version! I will tell you that it'll be a lot more enjoyable after I edit everything (':

 As a bonus, here's some info and a few fun facts about The World Without Them. This is to clear up any questions you might still have (I know that the plot was pretty intricate, so I don't blame anyone for being confused)! If you still have something to ask then feel free and I'll reply! Some things are to be left for the sequel, though (;

1. Carter's original name was supposed to be Andrew, but I ended up making Andrews his last name instead.

2. The rainbow stone that Sage, Mana, and Frost found in Chapter Twelve was a Key Stone. It had no plot significance other than to show that there were still undiscovered remnants from the time of Pokémon. 

3. I came up with the idea for TWWT by walking into the bathroom at my high school. I stopped and was like," What if there was a Pokémon fanfiction but like... without Pokémon??" As you can tell, inspiration comes in many forms.

4. Frost's mother is still alive.

5. Bryce Tooley did die in the second raid on the Tanna Society. I saw some comments questioning whether he had actually escaped or not, so I wanted to confirm this. Also, at the time the book ends, Tatiana does not know this just yet.

6. Carter loved Sage romantically since childhood but gave that up when he saw that she had feelings for Frost. However, he loved her as family always.

7. Sage was my favorite character to write. There was something about her that I just love so much. I've always wanted to create a badass main female character, and she fit the bill.

8. Sage never told Frost that they were originally supposed to meet Corinne Roman instead of Carter after she retrieved the letter from Elijah, the messenger, and Frost never mentioned Acacia by name until Sage heard it herself when they met her in person.

9. I saw this a lot in the comments, but Acacia was not meant to take after the Pokémon professors in the actual series! I chose her name because I liked it, and in the beginning I never even meant to make her an Iris. But once I researched and saw that acacia is a type of poisonous flower, I figured it would fit in well enough with the plot.

10. The creature that appeared on the islands was Cresselia, not Darkrai (or Giratina as someone also said). I understand that this was probably confusing, but I went about the description in a certain way and for a purpose. I literally used the physical description of Cresselia but changed the colors. This was to show that the corruption/horrid wishes of those in power -- which was mainly the genocide of Pokémon -- had a domino effect on the few Pokémon that remained, in turn corrupting Cresselia, a traditionally pure Pokémon. To be honest I made this scene because I thought it would be interesting more than anything else.

 Also, just to give you guys some further insight, here's a short little guide to Inridia/Sinnoh and what the cities/locations in this story used to be named what. I made my descriptions as close as possible to the real things:

- Silverkeep City = Hearthome City

- Niska = Eterna City

- Valcoast = Canalave City

- Grayhaven = Oreburgh City

- Woodlake = Solaceon City

- Beachden = Sunyshore City

- Deepwind Town = Jubilife City

- Prymont = Veilstone City

- Dracacre = Pastoria City

- Brightwood City = Floaroma Town

- Bellmare = Celestic Town

- The Ironmist Chain = Mt. Coronet 

- The area beyond the gate = Snowpoint City

Now, for some news. There WILL be a sequel to The World Without Them. It is currently in the works, but I don't plan on releasing it for a few months. My #1 priority is my newest book, The Forgiveness Factor that will hopefully be published sometime in the near future. I will post a sneak peak as soon as I have it ready!

And just because I feel like getting you excited... In the sequel, Clover, Acacia, Kali, and Tatiana will be playing big and very important roles (next to Frost, Sage, and Mana of course). I can't wait for you guys to see what I still have in store, and I hope that you'll love the sequel as much as this book because honestly, I'm siked for you all to read the next book. I'll announce an official date for its release when I have enough chapters written and a solid plan for the plot (: 

 Remember to leave any questions you still have and I'll answer them!!

 Thank you again for your support, I love you all <3