"Language." Mom warned and Ethan finally looked up and acknowledged her presence.

"Morning Mrs. Haynes, you're looking mighty fine." He grinned.

Mom blushed lightly. "Oh stop, Ethan," she said softly, waving him off like she was some thirteen year old teenager girl.

"No, seriously, you're really pretty today."

"Oh My God." I interrupted. "My best friend and my mom are hitting on one another. Please stop before I have nightmares."

Mom scowled, "Stop it Spencer, he's just being nice." She looked at her watch briefly before grumbling under her breath. "I have to go." she looked at the stove and then back to her supposed boys.

I waved her off. "It's okay. We'll get a muffin on the way to school or something."

She smiled and turned to leave but clapped her hands with realization and turned back with a huge smile on her face, "By the way. Dinner tonight with the Martins so bring your girlfriend."

"What?"There was an echo. Both I and Ethan looked at one another, looking equally as nervous.

Mom eyed us suspiciously, darting her eyes between the both of us before they settled on me, "Is that a problem?"

There was a stiffening silence after she asked. I peered over at Ethan for an answer or to at least come up with an excuse but then I remembered...he was Ethan.

"No." I answered quietly, much to Mom's happiness. She smiled, readjusting her purse on her shoulder and left through the kitchen door.

"Dude," Ethan mumbled. "You are so screwed."

I swallowed sharply. "For once, I agree with you."

Once we got the kitchen cleaned up and Ethan smelling like he had a roof over his head,  we headed to school

Once we got the kitchen cleaned up and Ethan smelling like he had a roof over his head, we headed to school. I was too nauseous to even eat at that point and skipped breakfast which I'm sure I'd pay for when my stomach becomes the class clown during third period.

Once we got to school, Ethan and I split up. He went off to find Jake, our other male friend to get some more studying in for the Bio quiz later today and I headed to my locker with the short but strong headed brunette in tow, Karla.

"So, how was the party thing with your dad and his boss' daughter?"

I shrugged, opening my locker that sat conveniently next to Karla's. Convenient since she was closest (besides Ethan of course) to me in our little group of six.

If me and Ethan's relationship was like a marriage then me and hers was like Anakin and Obi-Wan''s. She was like a mentor of sorts and not just because she was a senior and slightly older, but because she had the right words and knew exactly how to deal with a situation. She was mother hen.

"It was alright if alright means that my father and mother think I'm in love."

Her eyes widened, "They think you're in love with the chick already?"