18. Remember me When I'm Gone

[Vote & Comment because I sprained my ankle and I'm using it to get sympathy votes.]

Arc 2; Chapter 18 "Remember Me When I'm Gone"

I Knew I Loved You - Savage Garden

Spencer's POV

"You're cute." Ethan slurred, looking lazy eyed, dazed and characteristically confused.

"Okay," I sighed, closing my eyes and rubbing my temples. "Someone explain this to me again." I huffed, reopening them and glancing back and forth between the two boys.

Jake swallowed and threw Russo a look for help. The other boy just shrugged his shoulders from a chair in the corner of the white-walled room. "We were skateboarding down Jake's stairs." Russo began.

Jake sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "We," he made sure to emphasize, "As in both Russ and I, dared Ethan to go down the stairs backwards."

I huffed angrily and Jake flinched backwards and slammed against the edge of the hospital bed and immediately hissed and flew forward.

I just rolled my eyes, "Of all the stupid things..." I growled and looked over at Ethan on the bed. He sat Indian style against the steel backboard and looked around the room with obvious detachment from reality; though his eyes would drift to me occasionally. He had been calling me cute ever since I stepped in the room and doesn't seem to remember who I was.

I honestly didn't know what pissed me off more, the fact that he didn't remember who I was or that he would just try to flirt with someone random guy.

I turned to Russo, "What did he break?"

"Physically, we don't quite know yet; although he was holding his ankle when we were driving him here." He answered.

I leaned forward, "And, mentally?"

They both shared a worried look before glancing back to me, "He's been...strange."

"Define 'strange'." I retorted. I mean, it was Ethan. Strange streamed out of his pores.

"Strange as in he doesn't recognize any of us. That and the fact that he introduced himself as Ethan Montana from the Suite Life of That's so McGuire and that we were watching The Disnelodeon Network was a little alarming as well."

I blinked. "Do his parents know?"

Russo nodded stiffly, "They're on their way." He looked behind me at the door, "Where's Abby?"

"She's with Suzy getting some coffee for me; it's going to be a long night."

Jake noticeably responded, "Suzy?" he muttered before gaping and meeting my eyes, "What's she doing here?"

I raised a brow, "She's a friend of mine." I eyed him down suspiciously, "Is there something wrong?"

He swallowed thickly, "No?" he squeaked. "Nothing at all." He quickly muttered before practically sprinting over to where Russo sat.

Before I could question him on his bizarre reaction, the door opened and in walked a rather short blonde female carrying a clipboard. She looked up from it and eyed the three of us blankly from the door. "Are you three family?"

"Boyfriend." I quickly replied, stepping closer to her, "Don't kick us out just yet, please."

She looked reluctant but sighed, "Fine but no more people in the room who aren't family. I already had to ask two other females to wait outside the room."

I nodded in agreement as she moved over to a long table near the right side of the room. AS Jake and Russ headed over to Ethan, I made my way over to the nurse. "So, what did he break?"