92

there was a knock at the door 15 minutes after i hung up the phone with tayler.

i got up off the couch and sat my phone down and headed to the door. i looked through the peep hole and saw tayler agitated.

i unlocked the chain and opened the door and he looked at me, saddened eyes.

"tayler what's wrong?" i asked him and he walked into my apartment pacing back and forth.

"i don't even know if i want to tell you but i knew if i came here that i would have to." he said running a hand through his hair.

"hey it's okay, just tell me. we're bestfriends we always can talk to each other." i said grabbing his hand leading him to the couch.

he looked down at our hands for a moment and i let go of his looking at him waiting for words to come out of his mouth.

he sighed and looked down at his lap. "cali, we've been friends for years, since birth and i, fuck i don't want to say this."

i gave him a small reassuring smile knowing already where this conversation was going.

"it's made me realize that there's no girl better for me then you. you were the first girl in my life other then my mom, the one who's always been there for me through literally everything. first kiss, first love, i haven't looked at anyone the way i've looked at you for the past 12 years cali." he explained to me with lust filled eyes.

"tayler-"

"no don't say anything, just let me do something." he said scooting closer to me.

he put his large hand on my cheek and looked down at my lips biting his and i found myself frozen, unable to do anything.

"just tell me to stop." he said leaning in.

i opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. he leaned in closer...closer until finally our lips were millimeters apart.

"all you have to do is say stop." tayler said leaning his forehead against mine.

he waited a few seconds me still unable to get words out and he leaned in and closed the gap between us.

his lips lingered on mine while i just sat there a million thoughts running through my mind.

colby. we just fixed things. but this kiss feels amazing, and his hand on my cheek gives me shivers. but colby.

he pulled away from the kiss hand still lingering on my cheek and looked at me trying to read my expression. but i didn't have one.

"cali." he spoke removing his hand from my cheek.

i looked at him still no expression on my face. "um, i'm tired i think i'm gonna head to bed." i said standing up from my spot on the couch and walking to my room.

i opened the bedroom door and take off my shirt and jeans and threw on my hoodie from high school and crawled into bed under the covers.

i stared at the ceiling thinking.

tayler and i have so much history, he was my first, everything. he took my first kiss, my virginity, my heart, everything. it's always been tayler and cali, never one without the other.

colby and i just got to know each other but he makes me feel like i'm the only girl in the world. as cheesy as that sounds. he's so sweet, understanding and the most amazing boyfriend, he doesn't deserve me. i'm not right for him.