CHAPTER 32: Travels

Amber looked at Magnus. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to help." He started picking up bowls she set out with potion ingredients. "Also, I know you said you would never get involved with Shadowhunters again after you-know-who. But, I think you should try again. Try being friends with them. They are really nice and I think you and Clary would get along well."

Amber put down what she was holding. "Magnus, I'm immortal. I know you are as well and so is Heather, but I cannot be friends with mortals anymore. Not just Shadowhunters. I will only be friends with Downworlders and go to council meetings or battles in Idris. I only help Shadowhunters and forget about them." She picked up a bowl and a crushing spoon.

"Amber. Try. Once." He walked off and Amber pick up bowls and a needle and a book.

She followed him out and knet down in front of of the couch. She brushed her fingers over the skin of his face and her diamond eyes glowed. She cut the front of his shirt and hovered her hands over his Parabatai rune.

She stood and looked at Clary. "Let me see yours."

"How do you know-"

"I know everything, Clarissa." She said.

Clary rolled up her sleeve to show her rune on her forearm.

Amber took the needle and poked it in her arm close to the rune, drawing blood.

She filled it up and put half in one bowl and the rest in another.

Amber picked up another needle and moved over to Simon. He drew half the amount that she got out of Clary and added it into another bowl.

She mashed up rose petals, frog eyes, and bird tounges, adding them into the bowl with both of their blood. She mixed it, chanting, "Their blood is thick one is hurt. Make this child good enough as if another birth."

The bowl puffed a gold color and Amber grabbed a brush, and dipped it in. She painted it over Simon's stomach, around his rune and stood. He hands glowed pink and she hovered them over the boy. The blood seeped in and Simon's eyes fluttered open.

He sat straight up and winced in pain. "Darling," Amber placed her hands on his shoulders and laid him back down. "You need to be careful. You'll have to lay for three hours."

"Clary?" he said.

"I'm right here." She replied.

He smiled and fell asleep, snoring.

Amber puffed the bowl away and picked up the other one with the rest of Clary's blood in it. She dunk her finger in it and smelled it.

"Clarissa has angel blood in her. One of the high angels. Raziel's younger brother. That is the reason she can create runes." She flashed that bowl away as well. She stood.

"Thank you, Amber." Magnus said.

Amber looked straight at him and smiled. "Anytime, dear."

"Amber," Heather said. "Should we tell the children what we are?"

"Children?" Jace chuckled. "You don't look any older."

Amber smiled. "Thank you. But, I am five hundred and seven years old."

Jace raised a brow.

"I am the one and only Shadowhunter warlock. Well, I was the only one not still born. Heather is the first non-still born werewolf. When we were younger, she got cursed with immortality. But, it means her and I have more time together as Parabatai.

"We were excepted by the Clave because we helped it be created. My eyes are my warlock mark and they help me heal people and tell whether your a demon or angel or mundane or Nephlim, or so forth. The reason I know you all is because they ask me to tag along during Parabatai Ceremonies, first runes, weddings. You just never see me." she giggled.

"So you guys are everlasting Shadowhunters?" Alec said.

Amber nodded her head. "Yeah I guess so."

Magnus stood. "I think you both should come back to the Institute with us the take care of Simon and Jonathan and help Clary with her new founded talent."

Heather stood and looked at her friend. "Yes. Simon will still need to be cared for and I can sense that Jonathan was demonic before. He will need the demon stuff and Clary doesn't know how to use her power. We do. We can help them."

Amber looked into her pleading eyes. She sighed in defeat. "Only if Mayrse is okay with it."

"I can call her." Isabelle said.