"First guilt can always be forgiven, Dr. Sapna Verma, but this case is something very sensitive. Many innocent lives are attached with mine. And more importantly, you need to be comfortable with the one you are dwelling with or working for." He explained proficiently, teaching me new lessons of life whenever he uttered something. 

I was an introvert and could not find myself comfortable with every person I met. He had indeed studied me correctly and why wouldn't he be? He was a prosperous young man of twenty eight years of age and I would be twenty four after three months. I wasn't much experienced with the way he had viewed life. He always pondered enough before speaking and his words were highly impactful. He was capable of earning more of my admiration. 

"I'm trying to adjust with the new environment and I'll do it very soon. Please give me a little time," I pleaded with tears in my eyes. I could have stepped down from the case, but now I was more determined to prove myself as an able doctor and secret informer to Mr. Karthik. 

"By the time you adjust, I may have been killed." His dense blue eyes were glistening with some unknown fear. 

"Please don't lose hope, I won't let anything happen to you." I squeezed his shoulders and he moaned under his heavy breath. My soothing touch might have comforted him to some extent.

"This is your first and last mistake, doctor. Don't repeat it again or be ready to face the consequences." He ordered, earning an obedient nod from me. I reverse counted from 'Ten to One' to calm myself and helped him to shift to the wheelchair before departing for the lunch.

***** 

We completed our lunch in an hour with Kamal intolerant stare at me all the time. He might have been making fun of me after perceiving me in Mr. Singhania's clothes fitting loosely on me. I was becoming a means to people's entertainment without a choice. 

We later shifted to Mr. Singhania's room and he decided to take some rest. He was on medical drugs, making him drowsy every hour that passed. 

I glanced around the room hoping to pass time without falling to sleep again. I did not want to repeat the same mistake this time. Arranging the flower pots on the window sill neatly, I was amazed to view the lovely open space of the front yard of the bungalow, the fragrance from the flowers enrapturing me. 

The sound of my mobile ringtone disturbed my trance and I glanced at the screen. It was a call from one of my childhood buddies, Hrishika. She was a primary school teacher and also a great friend of mine since the school days. 

My fingers trembled while picking up her call. I had already missed the little reunion with my friends last night due to the emergencies of Mr. Singhania and Mr. Karthik. My rumoured marriage with was already in the news and I was not liking to tell lies to someone so closer to me. 

"Hello Hrishi." I mumbled, clearing my throat. 

"What's this, Sapna? Why aren't receiving our calls? You didn't even turn up yesterday. What's with the shocking news of you getting married to someone like Siddharth Singhania? I mean you weren't a fan of the rich throughout your life. You didn't even let us know about your secret relationship with him." Her box of queries flowed for me, an upset tone in her voice. 

"I'm sorry, I wasn't home last night and I am right now staying at Mr. Sing... Siddharth's house right now." I stuttered while pretending to be his girlfriend. A different feeling accumulated inside me whenever I uttered his name, an unknown happiness rising from within.