Introduction

I get awoken by a loud siren blaring outside the window, covering my ears with my pillow. On the left side of the bed my boyfriend, Takashi Shirogane, groans rising up from the covers. He covers his ears as well making his way to the window, I join him to see what's going on.
"That's the Biohazard siren!" Takashi has to put his mouth almost directly on my ear before I'm able to hear him.
I give him a questioning look, "Why would those be going off!?"
Just about the time he goes to answer both of our phones light up and an alarm starts on them adding to the noise. I grab my phone and go back to Takashi. Opening the banner, article after article floods the screen.

Cancer Center unleashes Zombie Virus.
After The Cure to Cancer's headquarters accidentally releases a contagious virus that turn the host into what doctors and scientists are calling Zombies, the infection is spreading over the continental US. The Zombie Virus has symptoms like aggression, cannibalism, and acute senses. Military Officials were able to test the infected and have come to the conclusion that the virus takes approximately two to five days to completely infect. Within those days the symptoms will appear spontaneously and at a quick rate.
We advise those not infected by the virus to seek shelter. Below are government safe zones guarded by military, if you can make it to one of these compounds you will be scanned for the virus and taken in.
Please do not ignore this warning, this is a Biohazard warning! Seek shelter immediately.

Takashi takes my phone and looks through the Safe Zone Compounds. After several long minutes all the sirens shut off and the only thing lift is the panic of the neighborhood.
I look out the window to see people frantically loading their vehicles. Behind me shuffling is heard, turning around I find Takashi throwing a few changes of his clothes, water, and a lot of non-perishable foods in a large back pack then does the same in a slightly smaller one for me. "So what do we do?"
"There are two in a 200 mile radius both in the same direction." He says as he continues to put as much as possible in the bag. I'm actually not surprised the stuff he is packing fit, especially since he used those when he was in the military. He throws a pair of clothes to me, "Get dressed Keith, once I'm done packing we're leaving."
"Wait Takashi! This is crazy, no one has ever really thought this would happen!" I grab his forearm. "What if we can't make it to the Safe Zones?"
"Keith, babe." Takashi places his hands on my cheeks, "We'll be fine. You forget who you are with."
I take a deep breath, "I haven't forgot, I just don't like thinking about it."
Takashi was in a military family; his father was a General and also a Station Officer (S.O.), his mother was a Special Operative and Bomb Specialist, and then his brother was a Special Operative in the army. Grow up Takashi was trained to behave like a soldier, a military robot, the perfect son.
He was in the Special Ops with his mother until a mission went wrong a couple months ago and he lost his right arm. His reputation was heard through all the ranks and departments, the medical department for example. His Generals all thought it fit that they give him an apology gift for losing his arm. They gave him a prosthetic arm, let him pick out the look and everything.
"Hey, stop thinking about it." Takashi pulls my chin up so our eyes meet. "I know you're having a hard time with it, but with time you'll see I'm okay. Eighty-five percent the same Shiro as before."
I sigh as he plants a deep kiss on my lips. "Okay, I will trust in you."
We both slip into clothes and shoes fit for walking. Takashi gets down under the bed and pulls out the big briefcase, his old life. He opens the case and pulls out two pistols, a suppressor on both. He motions for me to come over and hands one to me.
"You remember how to use it?" He asks. I nod, "Show me."
I go through the process of taking the clip out and turning the safety off. "I won't use it though."
"But if you have to you'll know how." He places a hand on my shoulder, "Keith I know this is sudden and crazy but as long as we're together we'll be fine."
"I know." I hug him tightly, he kisses my head before his phone goes off. A picture of Matt showing on the caller ID.
"Hey!"
"Shiro! They're every-" I hear Matt's voice, the line is etched with static. "I am close to your place, but I don't know how long it'll be before I'm over-"
"Matt you're breaking up." Takashi furrows his brow. There are only three people that call him Shiro, Matt and I are two. The other is Matt's little sister Katie.
"Katie and I go-" Static covers Matts voice again. "Shiro we need hel-"
"Matt?" Takashi looks at his phone, "No signal my ass!"
"I think they're in trouble, we need to help the Shiro!" I pick up a backpack and the gun he handed me.
"We need to get a couple more weapons then we can look for them." He copy's my action and smiles at me.
"I think we have a metal bat and machete in the garage, they might come in handy." I lead him down the hall and to the garage by the hand, he scans every room with his eyes quickly.
     My boyfriend yanks me back before we reach the door to our destination. "Wait, I don't remember closing the garage door. Stay here."
      I roll my eyes at him, he's always been extremely protective every since he took his leave from the military. I don't mind it, not really, he just gets worried something will happen to me.
"Shiro!" I hear Matt outside.
"Shiro open the door!" Katie yells.
I run up to the door and look through the window. Matt is pulling Katie up the driveway, moaning and groaning heard behind them. They push past me and both slam the door shut locking it.
     Matt let's out a relieved sigh, "I recommend not going outside till morning!"
     I look over the two for any vies or cuts, "Hate to break it to ya Mattie, but we kinda already planed to leave and head to the Safe Zones."
     "Well I wouldn't use a car then, they have very good hearing and even better sense of smell." Katie flops on he couch panting, "They surrounded Matt's car, we nearly died trying to get away."
     Shiro walks back into the living room with the bat and machete. "Walking it is then."
     I stare at my boyfriend, "Uhm Takashi, we won't last long on foot."
     "Thinking like that we won't." He gives my a look.
     I cross my arms knowing good and well Shiro wouldn't die, but the rest of us most likely will. "Takashi Shirogane, I don't think walking is such a good idea!"
     "Well walk during the day and rest at night, that way we can see what's around us." He replies, "We can't stay here Keith, we'd died with in two weeks of starvation."
     "But-"
     Matt cuts me off, "I agree with Shiro. We can't stay here, and traveling during the day will give us an advantage. With Shiro we have a much better chance of survival."
     Always on Shiro's side, Matt has always been know to take his side no matter how crazy the plan is. I sigh knowing I've lost this argument, especially since Katie always follows her brother.
     "You know what, I don't care what we do. Nothing I say ever is noted till it happens!" I flip next to Katie on the couch, my backpack restricting how far I sit back.
     Shiro sighs pinching his nose. "We'll start in the morning. Till then it might be best if we sleep in the garage, the door locks from both sides so it'll keep us protected."
     "And it'll be hot." Matt comments, "Katie doesn't do well with heat."
    "I'll be fine," Katie quickly responds, "It beats running from dead people!"
     "The two back sections of seats in the Tahoe fold down completely, it might be a little cramped but it will be much more comfortable." I point to Shiro getting to my feet. "I still haven't figured out how to do that, so you'll have to do it."
     He smiles, "Good time to learn. We might have to sleep in the back of cars a lot from now on."
     Matt looks at his phone, "It's almost one, we can sleep till eight before starting."
     "I'm a light sleeper, so I'll keep watch over you guys. Since I got back the slightest noise wakes me up." Takashi takes the bag off his shoulders, "Come on Keith, help me with the car."
      "Yes daddy...." I smirk at him when he glares at me.
     "Okay then." Matt coughs before dragging Katie to the garage.
     "No!" Takashi presses a kiss to my lips, taking my hand he leads me behind him.
     I still think this is a bad idea.....