THREE

You walked across the streets, but there was one thing always right behind you. Jungkook. After being announced as his future wife and being found out at the office, you set out to console about this with your friend. However, this said person was hot on your tail.

I took in a deep breath as I turned to face him completely. "Listen, Jungkook. I understand that you find it your 'duty' as you say it to follow me and everything. But I am asking kindly if I'm able to at least meet up with my friend. Without you following me." I state boldly as I fold my arms strictly across my chest.

"Who knows what you could be plotting though. What if you're just running off?" He questions as he stares straight back at me. "Are you being serious right now? What am I about to do? Grab a passport and fly to another country?" I feel irritated beyond belief.

"If you could, I'm sure you would." I roll my eyes back as I turn my head away. "You're impossible. Alright, I have a deal. You allow me to meet up with my friend for at least 30 minutes, and I promise I will immediately be back at the office." I tell him honestly as I watch him contemplate the offer I make.

"Alright, but if I find out that you do anything else. I hope you know what's to come." I place my hands together in a begged motion as I excitedly agree. "Yes, Yes! I know. I'll see you later!" I quickly state in a rush before waving goodbye and sprinting away before he can say anything else.

──

I enter the cafe as fast as I ran here, as I spot my best friend sitting in their usual booth. I make my way over, a huge smile apparent on my face. "I'm so sorry for being late! I just got caught up in some personal stuff. I promise to tell you in a second." I apologize as I sit right across from them.

"It's okay Y/n. I just got here myself." Seokjin smiles as he passes me a menu paper. "Just order something for now and we can talk then." I nod as I take the menu and look for a drink to pass the time. I call the waiter over a minute later as I tell them what I want. As they walk away to make my drink I face Seokjin once more.

"I only have 30 minutes since I promise someone I'd meet them back at the Office, but listen to this. My parents are saying they want me to get married. I know this is going to come off as a shock." I state in a frustrated tone as I watch Seokjin's face change to worry. "Do you know who it is? I know some have meetings regarding who the marriage partner is only a week after." He ponders as he thinks.

"Do you know Jeon Jungkook? That's who it is. Another thing is, he already knows what I look like and we actually already met." I state as I slouched a bit. "I really am against this marriage. It came off to suddenly and I can't even get out of this." I state as I looked back up at my friend.

"I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. That's why I came looking for you today, since I know you've been in a hard situation like this by your parents." I play with my thumbs under the table as I sigh. "I'm sorry Y/n... It's going to be difficult while you go through this. This Jungkook, how has he treated or acted towards you so far?" He asks concerned as he cross his arms and leans back on the chair.

"You can say he's childish. I don't even know where to begin to describe him. I mean we've only met for like 2 hours before I came straight here." I tell him as I watch the waitress bring over my drink. "Thank you." I quickly say while she walks away once more.

"I guess. I'm trying to think of a way to get him to break it off on his end. Maybe annoy him to the point he decides I'm not the perfect marriage partner?" I question as I lean back as well. "I have to really think this through..." 

He nods in understanding before he smiles gently. "Well Y/n, you can always come to me and you know where to find me if you need anything." I smile back as I look at the time through my phone. "Ah, I have to get heading back. It's almost time." I stand up as I grab my drink to go. "Thank you again Seokjin. I'll send you message and update you!" I wave as I take long strides out the cafe.