Chapter Thirty

A/N~ Hey guys!!! It's been a while I know. I just switched shifts at work though and the change was a bit exausting at first. Took me some time to get used to it but now that I am, I'm going to try to update more for this story. I had wanted to have this finished by now but I didn't get to work on it as much as I had hoped. Oh well though, it gets finished when it gets finished :) I tried to make this a long one but I was always in rush to get it out there to you guys. Please vote/comment to tell me what you think. Enjoy :)

Chapter Thirty-

~Sera~

The next moments after Eaton left were like chaos it seemed. Memebers of the Council had appeared along with some guards and everything seemed hectic like it was going to crap. Darius and Aleksandr were much in the same state, both yelling and cursing while barking out orders. The Creatures on the receiving end were scurring around trying to appease their Kings. Adara and I were the only calm ones in the room. It didn't mean we weren't affected. We were both simmering and while I was pretty much hotheaded all the time, Adara took a bit more to blow.

She was just standing to the side with me, shaking her head while watching the scene. I thought it would be best if we stayed out of the way and she seemed to agree. I did not want to be the one dealing with an angry Darius or Aleksandr. While I found Aleksandr's tone sort of sexually gratifying, I was a bit frightened of Darius. I had never really seen him like this except when he was pissed off at me for what happened to Adara in Venice. It was like his features morphed completely.

"I can't believe she would do this to us," I spoke sadly and directed my words to Adara. She seemed content with keeping the silence between us but I wasn't quiet like her. I needed someone to talk to.

Adara made a noise of disgust. "After all Darius and your mate have done for him," she hissed. "We granted him solstice when not even his own blood would. Then Eileen-" She cut herself off as she shook her head again even more infuriated at the thought. "I am ashamed to call her my blood right now."

I was much in the same boat as her. What Eileen and Gabriel did was the ultimate betrayal. I highly doubted they would be allowed return after what we just witnessed. Especially if the monarchies had already permitted them to live here the first night, I had a feeling they would not be getting a second chance. "What's going to happen now?"

"That's what I am worried about," Adara said while she kept her calculating gaze on the Creatures in front of her. "Darius will not take this situation lightly, espcially after the assassination of Queen Isa." Her blue eyes began to water again as they filled with deep sorrow.

I didn't really know the Vampire Queen to feel any real sort of attachment. I had only seen her a handful of times, maybe not even that. She was always under Desmond's watchful eye so it made me wonder how anyone could even get close to her. Still though, I felt my heart go out to the Vampire King and his son. Thinking you had an eternity but for it to all end so quickly.

"How'd it happen?"

"Poison." My sister's lower lip began to tremble and I almost wanted to tell her to drop it. I hated seeing Adara break down. She was always so strong but to see her so defeated broke me. "There was nothing that could have saved her."

"How is King Desmond taking it?"

Adara swallowed a lump in her throat, probably to hold back tears. "King Desmond is dead." Before I could ask how or why she had already continued. "He asked to be laid to rest this morning."

I gasped. I hadn't even known they allowed that for people here. The pain of losing his life mate though must have been unbearable for him. My sister was clearly torn up about the situation. She had actually known them for almost her entire life. To see her this distressed though, it made me think about how Darius was holding up. With his parent's death and Gabriel's betrayal, I was surprised he hadn't just went off the deep end. Adara was most likely the only thing keeping him sane right now.