Chapter 65: Poisoned

Začať od začiatku

Asami POV

Asami: "What do you mean he's gone?!"

Bolin: "I don't know... it was weird... He beat some of these guys, then next thing I know I wake up in the cave with a man in a black mask, then we beat him and break out of the cave, only to find ourselves in a cell..." What...?

Wei: "Yea, it was like something knocked us out and put us in a replica, only to lead us into a cell."

Mako: "What was the cell made of, couldn't you just metalbend your way out?" They shake their heads.

Wing: "No, it was pure titanium."

Asami: "What? How could someone afford a cell of pure titanium?"

Wei: "It wasn't the only one, there were dozens of them. All in some underground cave."

Bolin: "Yup, then we hear some fighting and M/N breaks us out and sends us away with these two." He points to a woman and who I'm guessing is her daughter. "He stayed back to free the rest." And as if on cue I hear shouting.

Man: "Hey! What are all of you doing here?"

???: "He saved us! The Wolverine!" Oh no... That means somebody had M/N... Oh how was I gonna tell Korra this?

Korra POV

I arrive in Republic City the next day and take Mako and Bolin with me to go check it out, Asami had to stay back to stay on schedule with rebuilding the city. As we get to the tunnel where they all escaped from I immediately feel off, something was down there. We walk down into a large cave, and I see a single beam of light shining down on someone chained up in a sleeveless hoody and tattered pants, whoever it was looked basically dead. I walk up to them and take off the hood. Oh my god. The air leaves me when I see M/N's face under the hood. His eyes... They were glassy, and the whites of his eyes had a greenish tint to them, then there's the long scrape along his cheek which was scabbed over with something green. He gasps and his eyes go wide. Then he begins mumbling frantically.

You: "Nm, hom. Wha, na, g-go, n,no, now, y-you leaf goo." He coughs multiple times, a mix of blood and some green substance.

Korra: "M/N...? Don't worry I'm going to get you out of here, I grab the chain, but he begins groaning in pain as I do, then I see a blotch of blood on his wrist. I lokk around where the chains met his hand, and see multiple needles on the inside of each one stained with a green tip... So, whenever the chains moved they would inject whatever this stuff was into him.

You: "R-run, f-forget me... l-leave now..." Then his head falls.

Korra: "M/N? M/N!?" I pick his head back up. NoNoNoNo. "Stay with me M/N! Come one!" His eyes open groggily. "Oh thank god." I metalbend the chains off him, but as I do a hooded figure comes out from the darkness. They stand about 50 feet away, just standing their facing us. "Who Are you? Are You The One Who Did This!?" Then I feel M/N struggle to a stand. Then person removes their hood, revealing a blonde woman with a shocked look on her face.

Xyla: "What the hell are you...?" M/N begins limping towards her.

You: "I-I saved your life! I broke you out! You Got Yourself Caught! I told you to run! While I stayed a fought them off so you could get away, but YOU chose to stay! It is not my fault that you got captured again! I saved you from that hellhole! I fought them off! And this is how you repay me?! I never asked for anything! Yet Here You Are Trying To Kill Me And My Family!" He walks up to her. "Maybe I shouldn't have saved you..." Then he punches her, knocking her cleanly out, then releases his claws and kills the other two. "I've spared you again... Because you've felt my pain... But don't make the same mistake twice." Then he walks back over to me and falls into me.

Asami POV

Oh god... That didn't look good. He was cut up all over, each one had some kind of green substance coming from it, mixed with his blood... And his eyes, when Katara checked him... The white of them were green...

Katara: "I recommend you all look away for this, the poison is liquid, but it is infused into his blood, I can bend it out... But it will look ugly." Bolin and Asami turn around, while Mako looks to the ground. I don't I just can't. As she begins to bend it out of him his eyes shoot open and it looks like he's choking, I can hear him choking and gasping, then a green mist begins to come from his body, he arches his back and his muscles begin to tense up and spasm. A few minutes later the mist stops coming and Katara bends it into a small ball, no bigger than an orange. And bends it into a small metal box, then seals it up.

Korra: "W-will he be ok?"

Katara: "I do not know, whatever this is... It isn't natural... this isn't from any kind of concoction, this is something you cannot make, this is something you produce." Then she walks out, I turn back to M/N, but none of his wounds begin healing... I had a bad feeling he had lost that power... I feel a hand on my shoulder and look back to see Asami standing there on the verge of tears. Then I hear him scream. I turn back to him and see him sitting up with his claws extended.

You: "W-where?" Then he gets up and walks out while swaying back and forth. "Where are you Valek?!" What? Valek?

Korra: "M/N? What are you talking about?" He turns back to me and looks surprised.

You: "Korra?! What are you doing here?! You need to go! Hades and Kronos will kill you otherwise!" What the hell is going on with him? Then there's a bright flame and I see him take off into the sky. Then the fire cuts and he falls back to the ground. He sits up slowly and looks around confused, "W-where the-" Then he becomes scared. "You?! What Are You Doing Here?! I-I killed you! I killed you and that psychotic doctor!" What? Now he's back to around when Harmonic Convergence happened. Then he stands up and turns around, only to fall again. "What?! I Killed You Zaheer! How?! How are you still here?!" What the hell is wrong with him?

Korra: "M/N! M/N!" I shake his shoulders and he seems to snap out of it.

You: "K-Korra...? W-where am I?"

Korra: "You're safe, you're back in Republic City." He keeps looking around like someones watching him though. "M/N? Are you ok?"

You: "What the hell happened to me Korra?"

Korra: "You were poisoned, it was pretty bad..." He shakes his head.

You: "No, t-there was somebody here, I know it."

Korra: "M/N, I'm sure it was just a hallucination from the poison, you're fine. There's nobody here who wants to hurt you." He just shakes his head again.

You:"You're wrong Korra, there was someone here, I they felt... psychotic..."