Fenced

Zeulia

I wake up to the feeling of warmth. I was on my side with Payton's arm draped across my waist. Her nose was tucked into the crook of my neck, her soft snores filling my ears. I lay there for a few more minutes, not wanting to move and disturb her.
The buzz of my phone pulled me out of bed, as my clutch was on the floor. I carefully slipped from under her grasp and pick up my cell and I am shocked to see fifty-eight notifications! Most of them being from Tristan and a few from Raina. I groaned realizing how much trouble I was going to be in for not only staying out past curfew, but not coming home at all. 
I quickly send Raina a text telling her that I'm okay, not bothering to answer Tristan because my head hurts to much for a scolding at the moment.

As quietly as possible, I gathered my things from round the room and change out of the close Payton lended me. I hold up the shirt and decide to keep it, knowing it might me a while before I can smell her again. Right before I walk out of the door, a wave of guilt hits me as I look at my beautiful mate sleeping peacefully on the bed. Her light brown hair fanned around her head in a halo and her arms reaching towards the spot I had just occupied. I stand next to the bed admiring her for a few moments before I convince myself to not crawl back into her bed.

Walking over to her desk, I grab a pen and write a note on a piece of paper. I fold it so it stands up and leave in on her bedside table. With that, I leave the room carefully closing the door behind me.

When I'm out of the house, I dial the only person I know is not hungover from the party,

"You're so screwed", Zaden answers.

"I know", I sigh and bite my lip, "Can you please come and get me".

"One Prince Charming, coming to rescue a damsel in distress", he replies cheekily.

"Just meet me outside their pack house", I roll me eyes at his silliness and end the call.

I walk down the path barefoot and think about last night. The Payton Tanner was my mate. The thought brought a goofy smile to my face. Remembering the amazing sparks that shot through my body at her touch. My lips tingled when I thought of the lustful kiss that we shared, on her bed. How Arienne was pleading with me to take her right there. And I might've if Payton hadn't pulled away.

A loud honk jars me out of my thoughts. I look up and see that I'm standing outside with Zaden's car parked a few feet in front of me. He drives a sleek black Mercedes that he bought for himself.

I open the door and climb into the passenger seat before he speeds down the road. Zaden's begins to say something but is cut off by my ringtone and Blah Blah Blah by Kesha fills the car. Zaden's laughs at the ringtone I set for Tristan . I shush him before answering the call.

"Hel-"

"Are you okay", Trevor asks, cutting me off.

"Yes, I am fine"

"Why didn't you come home last night, Lia? Do you know how worried I was? You didn't even call.", he sounded hurt. I sigh, feeling guilty for making him worry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't intend to stay the night", I apologize.

"Yeah, of course you didn't. But somehow you couldn't find your way home. Where are you?"

"I'll be home soon", I said quietly.  I'm met with the dial tone, indicating that he had hung
up on me. I sigh and throw my phone down in my lap.

"So, what happened last night? You owe me for taking Raina home. Do you know how hard it is to get a very drunk female to leave a party? Then I had to convince her that she knew me and that I was not kidnapping her", he grumbles while shaking his head.