Fighting For Nothing - Olivia Benson

Request: Hello! can you do a law & order SVU imagine where the reader and Olivia are fighting in front of the whole presinct about something fairly stupid and the reader finds her adorable and randomly kisses her even though they're not together yet. Thank you

I have a lot of Benson imagines that I forgot to post so enjoy all of them :P

You had a tendency to argue. People often pinned you as a stubborn and argumentative person and, in a way, you were. It was never any different either. You and Lieutenant Benson always walked to work nearly everyday that you were in New York. You didn't work at the precinct. You didn’t want to either. You were a forensic scientist for the FBI. You loved commuting to Virginia every so often but sometimes it was nice to spend time with your friends.

"I'm gonna stop and get a cappuccino" Liv smiled at you, walking into a convenience store. "You want one?" You chuckled and shook your head.

"I can't even believe you, a badass, prefer a damn cappuccino." You laughed again. Olivia looked back at you while she poured her drink. You got yourself a black cup of coffee, quickly following Liv to the counter to pay. You grabbed a few dollars out of your pocket but, when you went to pay for your coffee, you found that it was already done. You frowned.

"I could've got that. Thank you." You walked out of the store with Olivia by your side. She chuckled again, taking a sip of her cappuccino.

"You're welcome." She smirked in your direction. You huffed in response and brought the coffee to your lips.

OoOoOoO

"That's a lie! It's obvious that tacos are full balanced meal. Nachos.'" You scoffed. "What the hell are nachos even good for?" You weren't sure how you got into this argument but here you were. Olivia walked into the precinct after you, ready to give her side of the argument.

"Well, for one, nachos are simple. As a detective, it's a lot easier to make nachos then tacos." She was a lot more calm than you were. You scoffed once again and followed her. Everyone tried saying "hello" to you but you didn't even acknowledge them.

"Don't walk away. Tacos can have anything you want on them. You can also have a soft shell or a hard shell. Nachos are tortilla chips covered in cheese. I eat those during the football game." You followed Olivia to a random spot where she suddenly stopped and faced you. The expression on her face was one of mild anger and confusion.

"Yeah? Well, I can add jalepenos and any kind of meat to my nachos and they're still nachos. IfDon't you all have work to do?" Olivia hollered to the squad. She grabbed your arm, dragging you into her office. You opened your mouth to apologize but no sound came out. You never regretted anything and you rarely apologized. You weren't going to start. Luckily, you didn't have to. Olivia's lips found yours again and you smiled. Once the two of you had to breathe, you stared at you. Could she have felt the same?

"Detective?" You glanced at the clock. You were supposed to have left for Quantico 10 minutes ago. Olivia followed your gaze and smiled.

"I want to take you out for tacos sometime, Y/N." She winked, walking you out of her office and into the precinct area. Everyone was pretending not to eavesdrop on your conversation.

"I'd like that, Liv." You kissed her on the cheek before starting home. Who knew that your argumentative tendency would've gotten you somewhere.