Throw Me To The Flames & Watch Me Burn

I knocked on Of Mice's door and after a minute or so, Tino answered. "Zayne, fancy meeting you here."

"Yeah. I just wanted to know if Austin was here?"

"Sorry. Haven't seen him since earlier today. No idea where he could be", Tino said.

"Oh. Okay. Thanks anyway", I said as I walked from the bus.

"No problem. Oh, and congratulations on your engagement and your little bundle of joy. Good luck", he added. 

"Thanks, Tino."

I pulled out my phone and texted Austin. 

Me: Where r u?

It took him 15 minutes to respond, but he did eventually. 

Aussie: On top of the bus

Me: Top?

Aussie: Yeah

I walked back to their bus and around the back to the attached latter. I climbed it halfway and, sure enough, Austin was sitting there, knees to his chest with his arms wrapped around his legs. 

"Hey", I greeted him.

"Hey."

"Everything okay?"

"Perfectly fine", he faked a smile that I could see right through.

"Why did you leave the show earlier?"

He shrugged. "Didn't want to ruin your moment."

"How would you have done that?"

"I wouldn't have been excited for you. I couldn't even find it in myself to fake it."

"W-what do you mean?"

We had just discussed it, Zay. How you deserved so much more than the nothingness that Oli gives you. And right after, he goes and proposes and you...", he shook his head. "You said 'yes'."

"Austin, he's not as bad as he-"

"What? He isn't as bad as he seems? Then why were you hopelessly sobbing into my shirt earlier and ranting about how bad he treats you?", he asked in a slightly louder tone.

"There are downfalls in every relationship, Austin."

"Oh, yeah? You call abusive speech a downfall? Well, I call it a warning sign", he snapped.

I was silent for a moment. "You're supposed to be happy for me", I whispered after I found my voice again.

"Well congratulations, Aubrei. Is that what you want to hear?"

I stood up. "I just wanted to hang out with my bestfriend and maybe watch a movie or two but you just want to be an ass for no apparent reason! I'm in a halfway decent mood for the first time in a long time and I'm not letting you take that from me. I'll talk to you once you're done moping about whatever the fuck your problem is", I fussed as I began climbing back down the latter. 

"Zay, wait. I didn't me-"

"Save it", I called as I touched the ground and stormed back to my own bus. As I was entering, the guys were leaving.

"Did Austin have other plans, babe?"

"Yeah. He's a bit busy", I told Oli.

"You okay?", he asked.

That question. Breaks me every time. But I was determined to not be in a rotten mood. Not tonight. Not on the night of my engagement. "Yeah. Peachy", I lied. "You look nice", I complemented him to change the subject.

"You're not an eyesore yourself, Mrs. Sykes", he said as he planted a kiss on the side of my head. "We're leaving now. Sure you don't want to come?"

"Nah. There will be tons of liquor and I don't want to be tempted since I can't have any", I made up another excuse. 

"Okay, suit yourself. Don't wait up for me", he said as he exited the bus, the other 4 guys following. 

I sighed and decided to shower. After that, I ate a bowl of cereal. After that, I watched some Dr. Phil and then I decided I'd go to bed. I laid in my bunk, staring at the bottom of the bunk that was above me when my phone vibrated.

Aussie: Why do the nice guys always come in last?

Me: Whats that s'pose 2 mean?

Aussie: Just answer it

Me: Maybe bcos they really aren't as nice as they make ppl believe...

He didn't text me back after that. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Austin Carlile was angry, not because I was with Oli, but because I was with Oli and not with him. But I'd like to think that I know better, so I quickly shook the thought from my mind and at some point, I drifted off into a dreamless sleep. 

*******

Lips were on mine. Hands were caressing my boobs. My eyes flickered open, but I'm in darkness, so I can't see who it is that's on top of me. I push the figure away and begin calling for help but a hand clamps over my mouth and shushes me. "It's okay, babe. It's me.. Oliver", the voice slurred.

"God, Oli , you scared the shit out of me. What are you doing? Are you drunk?"

He chuckled. "Little bit", he said but with every word he said, alcohol hit my nose a little harder and I was thoroughly convinced that he was more than a 'little' drunk. His lips reconnected with mine and he began tugging on my shirt, trying to get it off of me.

"Babe, you're drunk. Quit it", I said as I pulled my shirt back down and pushed his hand away. 

"Come on. Let's have some fun", he continued.

"No. Not now, Oli. Not like this."

"You'll love it. I've been told that I'm an animal in bed when I'm drunk."

"I don't want to have sex with an animal, Oliver. I want to make love to my fiance when his mind isn't under the control of alcohol", I protested.

"You owe this to me, Aubrei. You promised me earlier tonight, remember?"

"I don't owe you anything! And I didn't mean I wanted to have sloppy, drunken sex with you. Come on Oli. Get off", I struggled to push him away as he nibbled on my neck but he was so much stronger than me. He wouldn't even budge.  

"Stop fighting it, dammit", Oli said as he pinned my hands above my head and began sucking on my breasts. 

"Oliver, stop! Lee, Matt, Jordan!", I called out in hopes of being rescued and to my relief, I heard the bathroom door open and close and Jordan snatched back the bunk's curtain. 

"Oli, what the hell? Get off her, man!", Jordan shouted as he grabbed Oli and pulled him to the floor. 

"Fuck!", Oli cried as he hit the floor. I quickly fixed my shirt and tried regaining my composure, but there didn't seem to be any use. 

"Sweetheart, you okay?", Jordan asked me, noticing my shaken up state. 

I quickly shook my head no. "It's okay. I won't let him hurt you", he tried reassuring me but to no avail. "Just lay down and get some rest, love."

"Jordan, please. Please stay with me", I begged. 

"Oli would kill me if he saw-"

"Please, Jordan. I'm begging you." I was scared out of my mind and I didn't want to be left alone. 

"Fine", Jordan mumbled before stepping over Oli and sliding into bed with me.

And Oli wondered why I was sleeping with a gun under my pillow....

**************

(A/N: OOOO drama! The spice! Anyway, I decided to go on and update this story since this will probably be the last update for a while since I'll start being busy again tomorrow. But 4 updates in 2 days? That's insane, right? Anyway, comment and leave feedback and let me know what you thought as you read. G'night xxxx)