Because We All Walk Alone On An Empty Staircase

After I was finally done crying, I sat up from Austin's lap and looked at him. "Thank you". I whispered.

"For?"

"Taking care of me, silly. For always being there."

"You're my female best friend. It's my duty to make sure you're safe", he said with a small smirk. I just wanted to kiss that smirk right from his f-.. Wait, what? Nevermind. 

"Yeah, umm, can we go watch Bring Me's set? They play in like 10 minutes", I asked.

"What? Why would you want to do that?", Austin asks with a frown.

"Oli bought be all the way back to America to be with him. If I'm not physically with him most of the time, I figured that the next best thing would be to at least support him from a distance", I reasoned.

Austin sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "If you're sure..."

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay then. Let's go", he says as he stands and hand-in-hand, we walk to the mainstage where the boys would be playing today. We waited until their set started to come up sidestage. I couldn't bear to face them beforehand. 

Onstage, Oli looked physically drained.. his tall figure slumped slightly and his shoulders drooping limply. His hair hadn't been combed and he hadn't bothered to put a shirt on. The band had played through 7 of their 8 songs before Oli finally decided to look over briefly. His eyes locked with mine and we held each others gaze for a moment before he turned back to the crowd. "This one's for all those, who, like me, don't give a flying rat's ass about shit", he said into the mic. "This one is Antivist."

After the song was done, instead of saying goodbye to the crowd and exiting the stage, Oli walked around the stage aimlessly rubbing his head as if he was thinking of something. Then, he called all his band members to him, said something to them, and then they all re-assumed their previous positions.

"I hope you guys don't mind me extending our set just a little bit", Oli began into the mic and of course the fans yelled with excitement. "And I hope management doesn't mind me breaking a few rules either", he said as he looked towards the opposite end of the stage towards his managers, I'm assuming. "But I just want to take this time to recognize someone who is very special in my life". The band began playing Fifteen Fathoms Counting in the background. Although it was only an instrumental, it was easily one of my favorite songs by BMTH. It was just beautiful and different from all their other material. 

Oli walked to the front of the stage and sat down cross legged as if he was about to tell a story to a bunch of kids. "Guys, there's this girl.. I've been with her for quite a while now. 3 years and 7 months to be exact. I'm sure that a few of you guys are familiar with her. She's gorgeous. Long, slim legs, Lemonberry scented brunette hair and eyes that are as deep as oceans. I love this girl more than anything and I'm a bit confused as to why she loves me back. I'm not worthy of her. I'm a cunt. We all know that, right? So why does she choose to stick beside me as I drag her through Hell? I don't know and I probably never will. But what I do know is that I never, ever want to let her go. So I'm asking my beautiful woman, Aubrei Zayne Oliver, to come out on stage for a second", Oli said as he got up and turned to me, waiting for me to walk out. 

I looked up at Austin who gave me a look that told me that he was just as confused as I was before I looked back at Oli. "She's a bit shy, guys. How bout we give her a little push?", Oli asked and the fans began screaming, whistling, and chanting my name. He extended his hand towards be, silently begging for me to come out, but I couldn't. I shook my head and began slowly backing away, that is, until Ben Bruce from AA came up behind me and pushed me out in front of the crowd of thousands of screaming fans.