Oh, Give Me A Break

Oli's POV ~

I wanted to hang out with Lily so badly, but she wanted to go to OM&M's bus. I couldn't go there. Not with how I treated Austin the other day. Besides, he'd probably think that we were more than just friends and tell Zay and there was no need for that.

I went back to the bus to change my shirt since I had been sweating. Everyone was awake this time. I greeted everybody, gave a Zay 'the eye' and brushed past her and headed into the bunking area to grab a clean shirt. I then headed back out the door but was stopped when she grabbed my wrist.

"Can we please talk? I'm begging you", she whispered with glossy eyes. I didn't want her to cry. I couldn't deal with that right now.

I sighed and motioned my head towards the door, telling her to follow me outside. Once we were outside, I faced her, crossed my arms and waited for her to speak.

She held her head down towards the ground and fumbled with her fingers. "I know that you'd really rather not talk to me right now but you know that I can't stand the thought of you being angry at me. I know that you're tired of hearing me say that I'm sorry but I honestly and truly am. I.. I just want things to go back to normal. I don't want to fight with you. Can you please forgive me?", she asked and then looked up at me with those big, beautiful eyes of hers.

"Aubrei... yeah, I'll forgive you or whatever. Just.. be more cautious. You know how I feel about you having dealings with men when I'm not around anyway but you keep doing it and you keep pushing my buttons", I told her.

"We were in public.."

"And you know I don't give a shit".

"And you were around.."

"But you didn't know that! You're not gonna win this one, Zay. Stand down", I warned, not wanting to find my way into another argument with her.

She rolled her eyes and proceeded to walk away from the bus. Where she was going, I didn't know, nor did I care to find out at the moment. I wasn't the type of guy that enjoyed drama within relationships, so the fact the she was acting this way irked me a little.  

*****

"It's the start of the end. Surrender the throne. The blood on my hands covered the holes. We've been surrounded by vicious cycles. And we're truly alone. The scars on your heart are yours to atone. We've been surrounded. Let em sing. Let em sing!", I sang into the microphone and occasionally glancing to my left in hopes to see Zay standing side stage cheering me on. We were almost done with our set and Zay still hadn't shown up. I was really hoping that she wouldn't be so immature as to ditch the performance because she's mad at me or whatever. The reason why she's on tour with us is to support me and so we can spend quality time together. That's not gonna work properly if she's not cooperating. But as we finished the song and the two after that, she still hadn't showed. She completely skipped our show of the day.

I walked offstage and called her immediately. No answer. I texted her and told her to give me a call back when possible. I then headed towards the bus to see if she was there. I was met halfway by our bus driver.

"Mr. Sykes.. hi", the elderly man spoke.

"Please.. call me Oli, Mr. Grayson. Have you, by any chance, seen Zay in the bus just now?"

"No. The bus is empty".

"And you're sure about this?"

"Positive. I cleaned up a little after you rascals which required that I walk through the whole bus. No one's there", he said.

"Well, thank you", I told him, turned, and headed the other way. He mumbled something about 'filthy hooligans' under his breath but I shook it off.